Harrier GR-3

HL-10

I finally finished my Harrier.

I was trying to avoid any after market stuff but in the end I used Heritage Aviation's undercarrriage set, and a Neomega seat.

My WIP thread is here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=234929126

I used the decals from the new issue of the kit and Xtracolor enamels to paint her.

GR-1.jpg

GR-2.jpg

GR-3.jpg

GR-4.jpg

GR-5.jpg

GR-6.jpg

GR-7.jpg

GR-8.jpg

GR-9.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 7

Lovley workmanship--she looks worn, but well cared for. Did you mix anything into the sea grey/ RAF dark green to fade it, or is that just how the Xtracolour paints look out of the bottle? In either case, it's very convincing...

A. C.

• Like 1

You`ve done a cracking job on this one, I presume you started off with the re released Airfix 1/48th kit? If so that makes it doubly impressive, what a rescribing job and I love the paintwork,

All the best

Tony O

• Like 1

thats one of the best renditions of a gr3 ive seen the colours are spot on for faded dark sea grey. its looks like you used medium sea grey which if you did is a trick ive wanted to try to get a faded dsg look as it often appears msg and the green seems to stay dark but go brown.

gorgeous model of a "real" harrier

• Like 1

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I really do appreciate them all.

Did you mix anything into the sea grey/ RAF dark green to fade it, or is that just how the Xtracolour paints look out of the bottle? In either case, it's very convincing...

A. C.

its looks like you used medium sea grey which if you did is a trick ive wanted to try to get a faded dsg look as it often appears msg and the green seems to stay dark but go brown.

gorgeous model of a "real" harrier

I did use Medium Sea Grey instead of Dark Sea Grey, but it was an accident!

When I realised I had already put on the decals!

I was about to relegate the model for target practice when I realised that the MSG did look a bit like faded DSG so it had a reprieve!

I just made her a bit dirtier than I was planning.

Thanks again guys!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I really do appreciate them all.

I did use Medium Sea Grey instead of Dark Sea Grey, but it was an accident!

When I realised I had already put on the decals!

I was about to relegate the model for target practice when I realised that the MSG did look a bit like faded DSG so it had a reprieve!

I just made her a bit dirtier than I was planning.

Thanks again guys!

well god bless ya for making that mistake as its proven that with a med sea grey that has a blue tint in it works for a faded dsg machine like a vulcan. fantastic.

it looks right for photos ive seen of 70s harriers dont shoot it for got sake its lovely.

Edited by robvulcan
  • Like 1

Lovely finish HL-10 - that's one of the most convincing camo finishes I've seen on a Harrier!

Which colouring trick did you use for the fuselage beacons?

Tim

Glad you like the finish!

I painted them Humbrol Matt red, then I used Tamiya Clear Red acrylic over the top.