Airfix 1/24 Mossie + Extras

Graham, just caught up with this and what a fantastic start you've made, but I'm sure there's years of work still to come! I keep looking at this kit and wonder:

a.) will I ever do it justice and

b.) where the hell will I keep it!

Anyway... Great work and really looking forward to seeing the finished article!

Edited by Busdriver
  • Like 2

Yes, there is still a considerable amount of work to go. I hope to get the port nacelle and engine on tonight and then it will be able to stand on its own legs for the first time.

I know for a fact that I wouldn't ever build another one and likewise, I have abosolutely no idea where I am going to keep it when it's finished!

Regards.

Graham

Graham, just caught up with this and what a fantastic start you've made, but I'm sure there's years of work still to come! I keep looking at this kit and wonder:

a.) will I ever do it justice and

b.) where the hell will I keep it!

Anyway... Great work and really looking forward to seeing the finished article!

Edited by ghaynes

Well the Mossie is now standing on its own legs! This thing really is big!!! :o

I'm closing up the port cowling as I only want the starboard Merlin on display.

A29E11D3-9516-4C8F-9FD6-5709A89315BD-325-00000029BA2EFE7B.jpg

Time to start work on the machine guns.

Graham

• Like 1

Looking good. Having built several of these , i know what its like. Theres some serious work involved in building the kit even if you go out of box , adding detail just makes it take longer. Keep going though , the end results are worth it , thats why im building another one!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Brownings are installed. These have the Master brass barrels...a big improvement on the kit parts. Also fitted are the Paragon resin ammo belts instead of the rubber ones that Airfix provide. A quick dry fit of the lid for the ammo box revealed that the resin belts won't allow it to fit properly. Time for some head scratching!

5ED60E5B-621E-4E78-9116-3697D7A042AE-562

F2DA329C-48FA-4BE1-8454-56DEF8F0D462-562

Graham

Edited by ghaynes

Success! :)

7C9CF5CC-2D9A-4E2B-AED8-A0F1971C1F76-562

Next up will be adding a few more items to the cockpit and then the glazing can be attached. The priming and painting stage is looming. Masking is going to be an absolute bitch. Not looking forward to it. :weep:

Graham

• Like 2