Bf110 trop

This is the 1/72 Airfix kit built as an exercise in various weathering techniques for me.

I made a few changes to the kit in attempt to add a little finesse to the out of box offering:

Upper engine nacelles reduced and re-shaped, elevators dropped, ailerons deflected, fuselage antennas added, fuel lines added to drop tanks, braces added to bomb tails, boat release cable added to fuselage side, majority of panel lines filled and then later lightly drawn in with pencil with a few painted highlights.

The rear machine gun has been lost to the carpet monster and the wire antennas are missing because I'm out of super glue! I struggled to get the canopy to fit well.

The kit decals are wretched! The lower markings were painted on - but not terribly successfully!

Painted mostly with Revell Aqua, a little Vallejo Model Color, Tamiya, Citadel, oil paint and pastels.

The intention was never to make a wholly accurate model and I accept that it misses the mark in places but as an exercise in developing new ideas and pushing my boundaries slightly it has achieved all I wanted. Most of all, I enjoyed making it!

All constructive criticism most welcome!

Jon.

110_018.jpg

110_019.jpg

110_020.jpg

110_021.jpg

110_022.jpg

110_023.jpg

110_024.jpg

• Like 2

Good-looking desert Bf-110, Jon! I have the very kit, but I'm going to do it as an Eastern Front example. However, I have always liked the Luftwaffe tan over blue desert scheme.

Regards,

Jason