Maschinen Krieger Kröte

A couple of years ago I acquired a large collection of models and buried amongst the various kits was a single Nitto 1/20 'Maschinen Krieger' Kröte. I finally got round to finishing this just in time for Telford and as a finished model is a bit of an achievement for me, I thought I'd post it up!

I have added a bunch of additional details onto the model, including custom built smoke canister dispensers, additional hydraulic piping and numerous bolts, etc. The model was primarily finished in LifeColor and Vellajo acrylics. The 55 gallon oil drum is a cast of a custom 3D printed barrel I designed specifically for the build. The base is only a temporary one while I work on a more involved setting including figures, etc. If you have any question on any elements of this please let me know and Ill provide as much info as I can!

So, onto the photos...

krote-finished-01.jpg

krote-finished-02.jpg

krote-finished-03.jpg

krote-finished-04.jpg

krote-finished-05.jpg

krote-finished-06.jpg

krote-finished-07.jpg

krote-finished-08.jpg

krote-finished-09.jpg

krote-finished-10.jpg

krote-finished-11.jpg

krote-finished-12.jpg

krote-finished-13.jpg

krote-finished-14.jpg

krote-finished-15.jpg

krote-finished-16.jpg

krote-finished-17.jpg

krote-finished-18.jpg

krote-finished-19.jpg

krote-finished-20.jpg

krote-finished-21.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Ian

Edited by Ian Shumsky

Ian,

Very nice job.

Whenever I see this one head on it reminds me of the anglepoise lamp in the Pixar short.

I have a Falke to build. But before that I'm doing some scratchbuilt Ma.K stuff to get the 'flavour' right.

Hey, what else do you do with all the spare bits/kits you're not going to build.

Pete

• 5 weeks later...