Roket Re-Cap Super Glue Rejuvinators - Deluxe Materials

Mike

Roket Re-Cap Super Glue Rejuvinators

Deluxe Materials

boxtop.jpg

Most modellers buy Super Glue (CA – Cyano Acrylate) at some time in our careers and a lot of us have a bottle or more on hand at all times. The 20g bottles are most commonly bought once you get used to the medium, but they often outlast their caps due to the gradual build-up of crusty glue on the outside, a rubbery sludge on the inside and a build up of cured glue inside the cap. Eventually, you can no longer unblock the tube for very long at all, and it'll invariably get replaced before being fully empty, which is wasteful.

sprue1.jpg

Deluxe Materials supply their Roket glue in such bottles, but rather than rub their hands and pocket the cash when you buy a new bottle, they have this handy Re-Cap solution. Inside the long narrow blister pack you will find three caps for 20g CA bottles, and hidden inside the two white ones are a pair of new applicator heads to replace your clogged up & gruesome tip with. There are two types of thread in CA glue bottles (that's news to me too), and the white ones cater for the wider neck (20mm to the outside of the thread), while the clear threaded applicator with the small black cap caters for the narrower (18mm to the outside of the thread). It just so happens that I had one of each on my desk, which was handy! In addition, there is a small blue fine applicator tip that slips over any of the three applicator tips, and stays in place by friction fit.

Conclusion

If you've ever wasted any CA, this handy set will be of interest, just remember that there are two different threads in use before you buy.

Recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif