DRAGON VULCAN PAIR XH533 & XL321 FLASH WHITE

Hi guys I have been very quiet this year but I am catching up fast.

here are 2 vulcans from dragon wonderfull little kits too.

XL321 is standard out the box from the first release

XH533 is from the falklands box and im rather proud of it as its my first attempt at scratching parts.

you could have fun spoting the difference betwean XH533 the first b2 which was in essence a b1 with b2 wings and avon engines and later olympus engines.

I liked the look of this vulcan hybrid and realised as the falklands boxing of the kit had a blue steel missile which i used to form the centre of the much smaller b1 tail cone seemed to be almost designed to fit the interior of the vulcan once i took the gamble of cutting off the b2 tail cone.

i did much checking and then glued it into place then wet smoothed with a finger some milliput forming the shape of the b1 tail cone.

then i used the optional tail fin to cut a fillet to extend the tail fin and then rescribed it.

i pinched some tail pipes from a diecast 200th scale vulcan and then painted her and used fantasy printshop decal alongside kit ones from the first release vulcan and hey presto an early vulcan. and a representation of the original flash white scheme with the later more familiar type.

now i have managed to make the tail im going to do the same again only this time chop the wings down and make a b1 to go with these 2 to have and evolution of production vulcans in 1/200th (cute)

hope you like em love to hear feedback good and bad.

they were painted with humbrol rattle can white and the black areas and windows free hand painted with a brush and then given lashings of johnsons klear.

cheers guys.

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

If anyone would like to see photos of how i modded it ask. cheers Rob

• Like 1

They both look great! I think the Vulcan looks best in the white schemes.

Martin

indeed they do i love all vulcan finishes. but the original white scheme with full shade roundels looks powerfull beautifull ghostly and a bit scary. they look kinda unreal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Great models.

You're inspiring me to re work an old B2 Vulcan model that was given to me, to try and turn her into a White lady.

I'm new to this. Q: Gloss, or matt white?

Thanks,

Paul.

Wow been a while since I been here. Go for it there are plenty of decal sheets for that. To be honest it does not really matter in reality they where high gloss with matt black radomes etc. but that was the low viz anti flash white scheme. The earlier nuclear white scheme with the full shade roundels I understand what matt/ satin.

I guess Satin is the safest finish. I usually opt for that. But sometimes I do matt and high shine it depends on what distance you imagine yourself looking at the model from. Just do what you think looks best.

These where both painted entirely with Humbrol Spray cans, First Matte 64 Grey or 27 Sea grey base coat then Humbrol 34 matt white, Then hand painted black areas with Citadel Humbrol and Revell Aqua paints with some W&N flow improver in, Then some Klear coat and then Humbrol Spray Varnish

Love to see your Vulcan when done.

Cheers Rob :)