Blistering pace, I'm quite concerned about some form of demonic possession now, Dan are you still in there? Can you hear me?

Looking bloody though, who ever is responsible :)

Nick

Thanks Nick, no need to concerned and no demonic possession going on i can assure you, i managed to get filter on last night which is blending the paint chipping nicely. Hopefully i'll get more done today.

Regards

Dan

Hi Dan awesome mate, great work on the weathering just right & thanks for the compliment on the BTR :thumbsup:

I used xtracolour soviet tank green (WWII) to preshade mine turned out a little dark, Testors do a russian armour green 21291 that's a shade lighter then XF-58 I'll use that on the ERA

Andy.

Hi Dan awesome mate, great work on the weathering just right & thanks for the compliment on the BTR :thumbsup:

I used xtracolour soviet tank green (WWII) to preshade mine turned out a little dark, Testors do a russian armour green 21291 that's a shade lighter then XF-58 I'll use that on the ERA

Andy.

Cheers Andy, I added XF-49 to the olive green to lighten the base colour, its very effective just add it slowly and not over do it.

I also used cellulose to thin the tamiya paints, this makes it spray amazingly well, better than using Tamiya's own brand.

I'm also thinking of building the T-62 ERA next :-)

Thanks to all for the comments on the build.

Dan

Edited by Dads203

Time for another update,

More weathering on the turret and upper hull done, very subtle

shading using oil paints just to add to the depth, some fuel stains

on the fuel tanks. Road wheels base painted.

CIMG2274_zps21d6f78c.jpg

CIMG2276_zps80bfcc4f.jpg

CIMG2277_zpsc527f4ca.jpg

CIMG2275_zpsd26c8ee6.jpg

More weathering on the lower hull tonight

Dan

Massive decal session tonight, thought it best to do these now

before I get to carried away with the weathering. took all of 5 minutes

to add all 3 of the decals.

CIMG2283_zpsbe8874a0.jpg

CIMG2282_zpscd574765.jpg

CIMG2281_zps6290808e.jpg

I've also sprayed the interior black of the lower hull and inside the turret as the hatches will be open.

one thing that need attention is the gun barrel, as I've used the plastic version rather than the turned

metal... yep that's correct the metal turned barrel is still in the box.. :banghead: Reason is that the end profile is not correct

and its far easier to sort the plastic barrel. I built up the collar at the end with primer, it's only slightly raised on the real deal

but the metal barrel is far to pronounced. All it took was some masking tape and a quick spray with primer.

CIMG2280_zpsfa631779.jpg

CIMG2284_zps704975fa.jpg

Still have a few seams to fill before painting.

Dan

one thing that need attention is the gun barrel, as I've used the plastic version rather than the turned

metal... yep that's correct the metal turned barrel is still in the box.. :banghead: Reason is that the end profile is not correct

and its far easier to sort the plastic barrel. I built up the collar at the end with primer, it's only slightly raised on the real deal

but the metal barrel is far to pronounced. All it took was some masking tape and a quick spray with primer.

What a pity you dont know someone a couple of miles away with a lathe.

Oh.

Nick.

More turret weathering, matted down the decals and added some rain marks

to the sides, then added a touch of rust. the barrel is base painted green and you can see the contrast

between weathered paint and non weathered. Next up is to weather all the small assembly parts for the turret

and weather the lower hull and running gear. tracks have been primed with black primer and washed with AK track

wash in preparation for pigments and mud.

CIMG2293_zps2af4ed35.jpg

CIMG2294_zps5afbe314.jpg

CIMG2292_zps47208fc3.jpg

The weathering really makes a single colour vehicle come alive, even by adding a little faded paint and some subtile

shadows makes the subject more interesting than one block colour.

Regards

Dan

Just a couple of updated photo's, i'm pretty chuffed with the

turret now, loaders hatch has been added and weathered,

commanders AA mount has been weathered with the sight unit and periscopes to be added.

I'll also have a crack at making up some .50 cal link for the ammo box on the commanders AA mount

this will be a real test of patients as they are tiny. should look good coming out of the ammo box into the top cover

of the gun.

CIMG2303_zps0dd60c5a.jpg

CIMG2302_zps2818496c.jpg

CIMG2299_zpse1225709.jpg

CIMG2295_zps2fd9b14a.jpg

CIMG2297_zpsf9b666e3.jpg

CIMG2296_zps5e1f353b.jpg

CIMG2300_zps6c2c7ba3.jpg

CIMG2299_zpse1225709.jpg

Really enjoying this build, it's brought back my modelling mojo !!

Dan

It's looking proper weathered now - and I know that camera of yours doesn't do it justice. You should bring it over when you're finished and we can take some pics in my photo booth :)

Looking good Dan. I see no tracks? Have you made a start on weathering them yet?

I like the way the Ali components have turned out, great contrast to the rest of it, really nice job.

Are we shooting for a 2012 finish thus doubling your output at a stroke?

Great kit with a very high 'stuff in the box' quotient as well - the only AM is the tracks and bullets right?

Nick

Looking good Dan. I see no tracks? Have you made a start on weathering them yet?

I like the way the Ali components have turned out, great contrast to the rest of it, really nice job.

Are we shooting for a 2012 finish thus doubling your output at a stroke?

Great kit with a very high 'stuff in the box' quotient as well - the only AM is the tracks and bullets right?

Nick

Thanks Nick,Torzino,

The only aftermarket is the tracks and the antenna, the rest is in the box. Had a play with .50 cal rounds and link..... it might be beyond my abilities :weep: The link is just so small and requires some very complex bending and if each link is not done right then you cannot get the next round fed into the link. Not given up yet but I'll be doing some head scratching over the next few days.

As for the tracks , they have been primed with Alclad black primer and washed with the AK track wash, I've yet to paint therubber on the road wheels but they are base painted green and have had a oil wash to bring out the detail.

Regards

Dan