Be wary when you get to the hull rear as Trumpeter seem to have forgotten to put the parts that the un-ditching log mount to, on the instuctions, they are small PE parts.

Great job so far.

Malc.

Edited by Malcolm Shaw

Be wary when you get to the hull rear as Trumpeter seem to have forgotten to put the parts that the un-ditching log mount to, on the instuctions, they are small PE parts.

Great job so far.

Malc.

Cheers Malc, i did notice that they skipped that part, i've i'd the required bits and they should be on tomorrow, not sure what to make

Of the rubber unditching log though?

Also a few PE parts have been wrongly numbered, the small plate on the MG mount and the APU exhaust bracket are the wrong way around, its obveous if you try too fit them, the APU plate is too big to fit on the MG cradle back plate.

Cheers

Dan

More small PE parts added to the hull and turret,

these brackets are for railhead loadings onto flatbed rail cars.

The later versions had these relocated to the turret sides.

CIMG2173.jpg

RB antenna

CIMG2176.jpg

CIMG2177.jpg

And the AA MG mount, still more parts to add to this, I think it has over 25 parts

in total?

CIMG2172.jpg

CIMG2171.jpg

CIMG2170.jpg

There are 4 slots on the lower hull that are for the 1975 version, Trumpeter don't mention

these in the instructions but they are for the long length side skirts not found on this

kit so these have to be filled. I only found this out after adding all the suspension parts

making it a real challenge to fill and sand these slots. here you can see the filler just below the

first return roller.

CIMG2156.jpg

Enjoy

Dan

• Like 1

Oh I like this...when did it come out?? just got Trumpeters new T62 ERA & BMP1 on sat be bad form not to get this one :evil_laugh:

they've gotta do a Shillka...please

Andy.

Hi Andy, i've got the T-62 ERA kit as well, the T-64 is far better, i'd go as far as saying that this is the best kit trumpeter have released.

So I pre ordered the T-64 mod 1975 thats due out in Jan 13

Edited by Dads203

Looking good so far! I must admit the Soviet stuff Trumpeter have released so far looks very good and I'm hoping they do the SA-9 (on the BRDM chassis) and a Shilka. I have the T-62 (1975 version) and hoping to get a BTR-70 as I built the old Dragon (also boxed by Revell and Zvezda) one years ago

Looks nice Dan. Are the tracks still workable, or have you frozen them with glue yet? I'm just wondering whether they will sag after you've painted & weathered them :hmmm:

Looks nice Dan. Are the tracks still workable, or have you frozen them with glue yet? I'm just wondering whether they will sag after you've painted & weathered them :hmmm:

They are will workable which is good, in fact they can take quite a lot of handling and abuse which is something

that I thought they wouldn't.

Dan

Just plumbed in the fuel tanks and added some more small parts to the kit,

like the engine deck grab handles, these are some very fine moldings.

CIMG2188.jpg

Fuel piping

CIMG2186.jpg

And what I think is the APU exhaust ?

CIMG2187.jpg

Cheers

Dan

• Like 1

Very small update today, just some PE parts

added. The unditching log brackets are not

shown in the instructions as Malc has pointed out,

not too hard to figure out how these are added.

CIMG2193.jpg

CIMG2192.jpg

The turret spare MG ammo box bracket added.

CIMG2194.jpg

CIMG2195.jpg

Now working on the headlights and position lights along with the top brackets to the log.

Cheers

Dan

• Like 1

Front mud guards folded and added,

CIMG2197.jpg

CIMG2196.jpg

Gill armour front two only, just cut and cleaned up, 8 in total for the skirts.

CIMG2199.jpg

And added the IR light to the commanders hatch.

CIMG2198.jpg

All the PE is included in the box no other PE has been added.

Regards

Dan

Edited by Dads203
  • Like 1

Cheers guys, hoping to get this one done and finished by new year, not much left to glue now only primer and paint. Really looking forward to paint and weathering hopefully it's going to be good.

Dan

Edited by Dads203

My attempt at sculpting some tarps for the turret,

It's a lot harder than I thought :banghead:

I've seen from some old photos of the T-64 on exercise with these attached to the turret sides, they probably contain the vehicle cam nets ?

Not sure on this yet, i'll class it as MK1

CIMG2204.jpg

CIMG2203.jpg

CIMG2201.jpg

CIMG2200.jpg

Cheers

Dan

Edited by Dads203
  • Like 1

I'm still watching. Have you tried rolling Kleenex soaked in PVA and tying thread around it? works quite well. Bugger to light though :)

Nick