White Bucket

gmoss

Hi everyone

This is Academy's M113 kit, which I have built to represent one of the four Australian Army M113A1 vehicles from the United Nations Assistance Mission in Rwanda (UNAMIR) (three M113A1 APCs and one M113A1 Repair Fitters vehicle). These vehicles were painted white overall, with the letters "UN" prominently displayed.

It was airbrushed with acrylics and the decals are from Echelon. Stowage items and spot light were from my spares box and I used Mouse House's indicator lights and tow shackles, corrected engine mesh, jerry cans and holders. Scratch built items include aerials and straps / brackets for water jerries and sponson armour etc.

Apologies for my usual iPhone photos (still haven't replaced my camera)

Thanks for looking...

First - one of my reference pics...

un2.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg

IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3695-1.jpg

• Like 3

I've always found white on of the hardest colours to paint, and weather.

You've don a great job with this vehicle, and the paint finish and weathering is spot on! :goodjob:

Thank you for your kind words fellas.

HL-10 - I must say weathering the white paint job was a bit daunting :unsure:....hence why it sat on my bench for a couple of weeks whilst I pondered how best to do it...

• 1 month later...

great finish, just how did you weather it, and with what, (i want to do a UN helicopter in white eventually)?

Thanks for your comments gents - much appreciated. I weathered it lightly with Promodeller dark wash. I brushed it on the areas I wanted to dirty up and then lightly wiped in places once it was semi-dried using a lightly moistened make-up sponge.

Edited by gmoss

Very nice! I do have a thing for the M113 and I must admit I always wondered what i could do with my fitter version. Might be a plan!

Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing a fantastic model.

Very nice! I do have a thing for the M113 and I must admit I always wondered what i could do with my fitter version. Might be a plan!

Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing a fantastic model.

Thanks mate. I was thinking of doing a fitter version myself some time soon-ish...