Italeri Sunderland - Coastal Commands Heavy weight

Italeri Sunderland

sunderland-3.jpg

After a month or so on the bench, it's finally, well almost complete bar the astrodone and arial wire. The main challenge initially was the heavy panel lines, but plenty of primer and regualr rubbing down has tones them down quite a bit, I'm certainly happy with them, although it will be personal taste I guess. These things suffered a lot of weathering, so I wanted to capture some of this to bring out it's character. As you can see from the picture above of the aircraft I modelled, I've been rather reserved on the paint chipping along the hull and leading edges. Paints were Xtracrylics and Humbrol Aqua Colour matt varnish. Built mostly out of the box, I added some detail here and there such as the rear of the instruments on the panel as this is on show through the greenhouse. It's a good kit, most negative comments have been around the panel lines, but at least it doesn't need a rescribe :)

Anyway, hope you like it...

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

fin15.jpg

fin11.jpg

fin9.jpg

fin8.jpg

fin7.jpg

fin6.jpg

fin5.jpg

fin4.jpg

fin13.jpg

fin14.jpg

fin12.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Neil

• Like 3

That really looks the business. I'd imagine Italeri will be shifting a few more as a result.

Not had a chance to catch up on your WiP thread Neil but the finished article is a cracker. So many very subtle touches all come together and make for a stunning replica.

hey y'all give the rest a shout, they have to see this

THIS is how to build a Sunderland, she is alive Woody

She looks ready to blow huge holes in the water (and hopefully a few U-boats too)

top of the class mate

b

Hi Neil

I missed this one (too busy reading the WIP :whistle: )

You have done really well, one can imagine your model sitting on the Hard on the base it was attached to,

or being readied to go back to sea.

Now that's finished, what are we going to do??? :P I hope to have some more of mine up shortly.

Thanks for the fun build, and a stunning model to boot

Regards

Alan