GB Chat

Basosz

Mine will be the Airfix Mossie PRXVI that has been sat forlornly on the shelf of doom. I think someone else pointed out the strange wing fit on another thread and if that's not all the kit I had (s/h) had no nav light transparencies which will need fashioning. Just lost the mojo with it, so maybe time to pick it up again over Xmas?

I have some nice Ventura decals to do a USAAF PRU Blue/Red-tailed job

Mine will be the Airfix Mossie PRXVI that has been sat forlornly on the shelf of doom. I think someone else pointed out the strange wing fit on another thread and if that's not all the kit I had (s/h) had no nav light transparencies which will need fashioning. Just lost the mojo with it, so maybe time to pick it up again over Xmas?

Sounds good doing the same bird in the Mossie G/B so will look at yours

for some tips

Les

A GB that suits me. I will enter a DC-9-20, DC-9-50 and two Carravelle's all in 1/144 scale.

welcome look forward to your builds

Les

Joining the fun - let's kick some aRS*. I've completed 13 Aircraft models this year - so now for something completely different.

Photos if I actually see these projects in daylight this weekend.

First project is the Airfix HMS Belfast. Bought in a Woolworths sale in 2002. It cost 6.49 - half the then retail of 12.99.

Started in 2007 - well most of the hull is complete and painted.

I'm about to fit the Walrus aircraft, then the bridge and - well you'll get the picture.

Second project will be my Stug. I watched a documentary on Stugs and was fascinated.

A few months later I took my son to Bovington Tank Museum. Photoed him with every tank in the backdrop - we reversed roles on finding the Stug. I bought the Academy 1/35 Stug IV kit at the gift shop for 9.99.

Talked about a lot since then thought about, parts examined books borrowed, more TV programs - but no plastic has actually been cut. However, I did buy paints, and sprayed all the parts with a Tamiya desert sand aerosol. I've also rimmed the wheels with black paint - so it should just qualify as started.

Since then Hepster pointed me in the direction of an individual track link set - that cost me 50 whole pence,

and I've acquired 2 sets of Panzer Riders (but probably won't use them in this GB).

I've also got an Elefant turned medal gun barrel for a Stug III - so hope that fits!

Really hope to get these two finished now.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon

Is it this time of year already? What would KUTA be without me attempting to finish my Harrier (appeared in a couple of these now) and also a 1/48th FRADU Hunter and a Red Tails Mustang. On my side this year is the fact that the stash has gone to storage hence this and a nearly finished airliner are all the models I have to work on. I'll start a thread when i have some pics, hopefully time to start clearing the to do list

Cheers

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

I shall contribute an OEZ 1:48 Su-7BMK to the fray. Did some slicing and dicing on it ready for the Soviet A/C Foreign Services GB, or something along those lines, but didn't get much further. Ramadan War-era Egyptian Air Force colours, by the way, since you're asking.

What with this, the Swedish GB Viggen, and the Me 109 GB, I'm going to be a busy boy over the festive period...

Icarus

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to finish my Egyptair A.321 and a 733 that I started awhile back, if I can get to AHS, it will be Turkish. if not then perhaps maybe Aerosur.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately the navigation light problem is proving a little 'insurmountable' at the moment, so this may get held over until KUTA VI. I have found a clear-handled toothbrush but initial attempts at cutting a block of plastic to fit have proved rubbish

Unless I fill the nav lights with Milliput and just paint them - this baby ain't making the deadline

Well I've failed then. Need at least another week whilst I await replacement decals for my Hurricane.

keep at it fella :)

just built and handpainted 24 mk82s and 12 pylons next up is the jammers

and the drop tanks (not sure if iv got any for the tsr2 i might see if

iv got any big jugs in 48 scale)