Can I play? Went into my LMS for a quick look and came out with a couple of Tamiya Mosquitos :oops: , 72nd PR.IV and 48th FB.VI, most likely do the PR.IV first then decide if I'll stick to a Banff Strike Wing VI or try converting it to a XVIII depending on the time remaining.

Sure Col. the more the better. I am no GB moderator but I think it's OK.

The build runs till may so enough time to build a Mosquito (or 2 or 3).

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

Sure Col. the more the better. I am no GB moderator but I think it's OK.

The build runs till may so enough time to build a Mosquito (or 2 or 3).

Cheers,

With any luck I'll get both done but the PR.IV is certainly first in line as I'd like to work on a nice well detailed kit for a change after fighting with some older moulds.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all.

So I've never actually done a build on BM, but I recently procured two Tamiya kits (FB and B and the parts to fix up a third I've had for over ten years that is missing key stuff. So if you don't mind I'd like to participate. Nothing too special really, completely OOB. It might take me a few weeks to get going, I've got some other stuff on the burner right now.

So bad news first: I don't have time to do two kits. However my builds are starting to clear up so I should be starting on my NF II in the next week or so. 

Hello all, popped up after a few months to throw my hat in the ring with a build of the prototype... or something that vaguely resembles it, anyway! One among the many 1/72 Tamiyas... if there's time I might do something else, but keen to get one finished and then see.

• 4 weeks later...

Please excuse the lack of progress on either of the two kits I've bought for this GB but there's been a distinct lack of free time for me lately. Hopefully things will change for the better soon and I'll get back to the workbench but in the meantime I'll enjoy everyones progress on what has to be one of the nicest shapes ever to fly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing as Antics were flogging the 1:48 Revell kits for a tenner a pop at Telford, I accidentally a couple of them and have most of the artwork done for a civilian livery. Probably be the new year before I get started properly.

As all my modelling is done in the garage, now the weather's starting to improve I'm ready to get started. This is my inspiration.

mosquito.gif

Will start a thread in the next few days.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi all, been building a tamiya mossie myself for a while now. Had no idea this was going on until 2 days before the end. Still plenty of reference photos for me to look at and steal ideas from. They're all looking rather good.

Richard

Edited by rwoolven76
  • Like 1

Hi All well it`s the last day thank you all for making this a good Group Bruild hope all that took part

have enjoyed it I know I have

All the best to you all Les

• Like 1

Damn right I enjoyed it Les - used up an old kit, amended the defects, my first time with prop-blur accessory and my first proper 'in-flight' model too! Great GB :thumbsup:

And well done to all for the rest of the builds!

• Like 1

Hear hear Les!

Thanks for organising and moderating this STGB, its been great fun and I've learned some excellent new techniques.

Well done one and all who took part.

Mark

Yes, thanks for organising it. It was the only way I would ever have started my 1/24 Mossie...shame I couldn't get it finished on time. Anyway, I now have the metal undercarriage I was waiting for so I can continue with the build. :D

Cheers.

Graham

Have to echo the comments above, great choice for a group build theme.

Thanks to Les for organizing it and well done to all who finished an entry.

Onto the next group build now and hope it will be as enjoyable as this one was.

Pete

I agree with all the comments the other guys have made and I found it a enjoyable build. Although next time I will pick my models better.

I have got only one question: Is there gonna be a Poll?

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi GUYS THANKS FOR PART PART IN THE MOSQUITO G/B MINE`S ALMOST FINISHED , HERES THE POLL RESULT`S

PeteW PR34 as First

Canderraman`s PR 34 A is Second

Alax`s Pr IV IN Third

Well done all for your hard work to make this a good Group Build Les ( wellzy)

Edited by wellzy
  • Like 1

My thanks to all who voted for my build, really pleased that you thought that it was worth a vote.

Congratulations also to Mark and Alex for their great builds and result.

And thanks again to Les for making it happen.

Pete