1/48 - Short Sunderland Mk.III/.V vacuform kit by Sanger - run: 150 kits - released

Homebee

Sanger has announced limited run 1/48th Short Sunderland Mk.III and Mk.V multimedia kits due for release in December 2012 January 2013. Etc.

Source: http://www.sangereng.fsnet.co.uk/

1/48th SHORT SUNDERLAND Mk-III

1/48th SHORT SUNDERLAND Mk-V

DECAL SHEETS AVAILABLE FOR:

RAF

SEAC

RAAF

RCAF

RNZAF

SAAF

RNoAF

French Escadrilles

Special Markings to your requirements

9_8.jpg

This remind me we are still waiting for the 1/48th V-Bombers announced over two years ago... :(

And I don't speak about the B-52 in the same scale as she doesn't interest me at all. <_<

I've the Sanger Boeing B-47 Stratojet in the stash and she looks beautiful. One day...

Anyway for deep pockets guys there's (was?) a 1/48th Sunderland resin kit by Alpha Flight: http://www.cybermode...lpha_4817.shtml

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

I've their Stirling model in the stash. Which I can't say is a kit I'd be looking forward to tackling. The white metal parts and transparencies leave a lot to be desired.

Will be interested to see what markings they provide for an RNZAF Version,

and which aircraft they choose to portray.

One qestion though, the Mk III version, will there be RNZAF mods/decals for those?

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

One qestion though, the Mk III version, will there be RNZAF mods/decals for those?

Regards

Alan

me too, I might have to get one but my experience of Sangar is not good at all.

Yep very nice, I've built a few too Tom, no major problems just wish they'd pull their fingers out and release the Victor....

And the B-52. And the Valiant. And the B-36 Gerald wrote about a couple of years back.

• 2 weeks later...

Regards

Alan

Alan, Oldmodels Decals does the RNZAF MK5 and a NAC version of the RNZAF MkIII. Whilst currently issued in 72, 144 and 154 I can scale these up to 48th if there is a demand. My MK5 has full details produced from RNZAF Museum research - the "sample decals" on the Sangar site suggests they will be very basic (roundels, fin flash and codes only).

John

www.oldmodelsdecals.com

• 5 months later...

I've got their 1/48 Wellington in the stash (got cheap off ebay coz I couldn't afford the Trumpy), not looked at it yet but after 1/32 ID and Combat vacs which I've built a few of, surely it can't be any more of a problem..... can it?

• 5 months later...

Alan, Oldmodels Decals does the RNZAF MK5 and a NAC version of the RNZAF MkIII. Whilst currently issued in 72, 144 and 154 I can scale these up to 48th if there is a demand. My MK5 has full details produced from RNZAF Museum research - the "sample decals" on the Sangar site suggests they will be very basic (roundels, fin flash and codes only).

John

www.oldmodelsdecals.com

Update to this - The Sangar site shows basic Kiwi roundels! and one serial number and a letter. To start with the RNZAF Sunderlands were retired in 1966 when the P-3B Orions arrived which is four years BEFORE the Kiwi roundels were invented .....

My offer to upscale my detailed Mk V set remains. There will also shortly be the offer of Digital or Inkjet options

RNZAF MkIII Sunderland decals are on my every growing 2014 project list, and probably the last Mk V scheme (silver fern roundels and simplified codes in comparison to the late 50s version I currentlty do).

John

www.oldmodelsdecals.com

dont worry i'm used to vac's and making things up as i go along..... i'm scratchbuilding a 1/48 saro lerwick at the moment.

Hats off to you :worthy: (I'm sticking with my Alpha Flight kit :ninja: )

Nice!, any chance of a WIP?

i'm doing something on another site but it will be a long term project which i may do as a resin when finished.....but here's a pic for you next to the 1/72 contrail.

DSC_9278_zpsd66c2ec0.jpg[/url]

it's come on a bit since this pic...

Edited by ludwig113

• 11 months later...

Anyone have this kit and can provide some images? Considering that this is an original Sanger product and not a Contrail re-tread, I'd expect the quality to be much better. But would like some confirmation since the Sanger website has an extremely poor presentation of their products (as in almost no images...) Laying out $100 for something sight unseen from a company that carries quite a few doggies is just too scary for my tastes... Cheers!

Robert

Anyone have this kit and can provide some images? Considering that this is an original Sanger product and not a Contrail re-tread, I'd expect the quality to be much better.

Robert

Hi Robert,

You might lower your expectations a bit.

The Shackleton is a Sanger product and it has interesting quirks.

Cheers,

Sebastien

Hi Robert,

You might lower your expectations a bit.

The Shackleton is a Sanger product and it has interesting quirks.

Cheers,

Sebastien

Sebastien, do you mean the Shack is an original Sanger kit and not inherited from Contrail, et al? Still hoping someone can share some pictures as the Sanger site is one of the worst (Combat models is also poor since there are nearly *no* images of their products...)

R/ Robert

Sebastien, do you mean the Shack is an original Sanger kit and not inherited from Contrail, et al? Still hoping someone can share some pictures as the Sanger site is one of the worst (Combat models is also poor since there are nearly *no* images of their products...)

R/ Robert

Robert,

As far as I know (note the caveat), it is an original Sanger kit.

Cheers,

Sebastien

Thanks for the clarification, Sebastien. By chance, would you have some images of the Shack kit that you could share, as an example of an original Sanger production?

Regards, Robert