Land Rover Snatch-2A 24v RHD (Airfix 1/48)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

A member sent me a PM last night to ask what I used for the Barracuda on my Snatch. I replied that it was extremely over-scale Schwartz Mixed Herbs and that I wasn't too happy with the result! I then remembered that I had taken some photos of a Snatch at Duxford a few weeks ago. Unfortunately there was a multi-handed conspiracy against the photography (a yard broom, Harrier horizontal stabilisers, a lifting hoist and chains and a jeep), but hopefully you can see from the pictures the pattern and the retainers for the blanket (not to mention the general condition of the vehicle.)

I hope these are useful to anyone contemplating the Airfix Snatch.

DSC_7272_zpsc26e18af.jpg

DSC_7279_zpsee26ca87.jpg

DSC_7287_zps84e72c55.jpg

DSC_7287a_zps94e17d12.jpg

DSC_7288_zpsadf808a2.jpg

DSC_7290_zps2dd85829.jpg

DSC_7293_zpsbac4b5f3.jpg

DSC_7294_zpsa5d05758.jpg

Thanks AD for the reply. I m familiar with the Land Rover defender cos thats what we have in the army. I thought this was a "hard top" version as used by the local police. After some wiki reading, it turns out LR build a totally new vehicle. Which cost more than the defender. On further reading on barracuda net, I was wrong again, I thought it was the same as the nets we use. A rolled up netting of blanket sort which we have to unfold and stick poles underneath to break the vehicle shape.

Army

http://picx.classifieds1000.com/s/Land_Rover_110_Military_Vehicles_used_CHEAP

Police

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Singapore_Police_Force_Land_Rover_Defender.jpg

Hi Eerie

Good luck with your Barracuda and I hope that you will find the above pictures of use.

Thanks very much for the links to the Singapore Land rover pictures - it is always nice to see familiar vehicles in different liveries.

The more I look at my original pictures, the more I want to strip off the herbs and try something else!

All the best. :winkgrin: