HMS Warspite

I think it's due very soon, perhaps the next month or so. Personally I'd get the Academy special edition Warspite as it has everything you need to make a superb model.

• Like 1

I think it's due very soon, perhaps the next month or so. Personally I'd get the Academy special edition Warspite as it has everything you need to make a superb model.

Second this, I bought one Telford, on the spur of the moment, as Dave says it's got the lot in the box, as it's going to be my first 1/350 there's enough extras to take it to another level without having so much PE that it seems daunting to make.

One thing though, on another site someones made one and the Brass 16'' barrels don't seem to fit on the kit blast sheilds that well, I see in the prontos PE kit these are resin parts.

Anyone built one and found this.

Edited by colin

Hi Colin.

I am doing a build here of the Warspite(1/350 Academy).

I have/am useing all of the Pontos add on.

The resin sleeves are very accurate and the Brass guns fit very well.

I started this on the ModelWarship.com forum, which is run from the USA, as you can imagine it is well used, so the reason for showing here on a British run forum. :coolio:

Edited by foxy
  • Like 1

Second this, I bought one Telford, on the spur of the moment, as Dave says it's got the lot in the box, as it's going to be my first 1/350 there's enough extras to take it to another level without having so much PE that it seems daunting to make.

One thing though, on another site someones made one and the Brass 16'' barrels don't seem to fit on the kit blast sheilds that well, I see in the prontos PE kit these are resin parts.

Anyone built one and found this.

Well if they were using 16" barrels no wonder they wouldn't fit :D They should be 15". I've never had a problem with metal barrels replacing plastic ones and the last Academy limited edition kit I built, DKM Graf Spee, everything fitted perfectly and it was a dream build.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...