Airfix Spitfire PR 19 in 48th scale

jasman71

Umm, thanks, but there have been threads here and in the "Rumourmonger" section, and no doubt elsewhere, since Telford.

bob

Bobs just grumpy Jasman - cus he wont get one in the States for ages!!! :)

Hell, Id be grumpy too if I knew there were 1/48th 2 stage griffon Spits but a mere 3000 miles away.

cheers

Jonners

Though its the first I've seen of the box art, and Bob will be pleased to see theres a Swedish "nitton" option too, as am I.

Edited by Jon Kunac-Tabinor
  • Like 1

Hell, Id be grumpy too if I knew there were 1/48th 2 stage griffon Spits but a mere 3000 miles away.

cheers

Jonners

Though its the first I've seen of the box art, and Bob will be pleased to see theres a Swedish "nitton" option too, as am I.

ahhhhh! Wonder who'll have the first reviews of it, and whether it'll match up to expectations? Hopefully in the next month or so we should know what else they have up their sleeve :)

On the other hand, if Squadron comes through, I'm finally going to have my own Seafire 17 to ogle, which might lessen the pain...

bob

But you'll still be short of 1 griffin stage... :winkgrin:

Jonners (in an impish mood), and you have ruined my surprise too. I'm off to the kitchen to cry - you beast, you never loved me.

cheers

Jonners

I believe the box art was on display with the sprues at Telford, Jonners, don't you love baiting the colonials ?

Andrew

I believe the box art was on display with the sprues at Telford, Jonners, don't you love baiting the colonials ?

Andrew

No - he's a mate of mine so its gentle extraction of the you-rine. Baiting colonials! By God Sir, you'd think I was on another site too... :)

I was so engrossed with the sprues at Telford, I must have missed the box art!

Jonners

Baiting colonials! By God Sir, you'd think I was on another site too... :)

Jonners

The other site who's name shall not be spoken in polite company, I don't think they need any help with their baiting , the're too busy baiting each other . :evil_laugh:

I want one, can I have one now please!

I did say please and it's my birthday soon... ...ish,

anyway, did I mention, can I have one, now please!

I did say please and it's my ...

anyway, I want one, no maybe two, or three, or four...

...can I have some please?

Wez

• Like 1

I want one, can I have one now please!

I did say please and it's my birthday soon... ...ish,

anyway, did I mention, can I have one, now please!

I did say please and it's my ...

anyway, I want one, no maybe two, or three, or four...

...can I have some please?

OI ! There's a queue yannow! Starts behind me...

I was going to say, "...and I know where my towel is," but then I remembered one's gone missing! Anyone seen a pink "Disney Princesses" towel left in the corner of some thread? It's my daughter's- no, really!- but lately it's been one of the cat-towels. Jonners, feel free to surprise me anyway- I'd actually asked for two, but the chap who put the order through (we have a consortium, or is it a cartel?) got greedy and claimed one for himself.

bob

OI ! There's a queue yannow! Starts behind me...

But whilst you're busy queueing, some naughty kid is tying your shoelaces together so that when the shop opens selling Airfix 1/48th Spitfire PR.19's you'll trip over and let us kids waiting behind will trample over you in the rush!

Don't know who it will be tying your shoelaces together... ...did I mention I was good with knots BTW :whistle:

Wez

But whilst you're busy queueing, some naughty kid is tying your shoelaces together so that when the shop opens selling Airfix 1/48th Spitfire PR.19's you'll trip over and let us kids waiting behind will trample over you in the rush!

Don't know who it will be tying your shoelaces together... ...did I mention I was good with knots BTW :whistle:

erm... you don't wanna be anywhere near my feets.

Just sayin... : :P

Weren't Vitriol the losing company for the supply contract of Mk XIX prop blades?..... :)

No, it was one of the runners up in the "name the re-winged version" contest, along with Valiant and Victor (as well as Vader, but that was rejected as being too far ahead of its time).

bob

• Like 1