Invaders in Always movie

Severus

According to this, they were owned by Lynch Air Tankers, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're real planes which got their role in the movie. Of course the more "interesting" shots were done with special effects.

Edited by Jessica

Oh! Excellent database! I remember a movie featuring Jean Gabin and an Air France 707-328 that was unusual in that the white area went down at the rear to encompass the ventral fin. I never saw any other picture of an Air France 707 like that, and couldn't remember the movie title. Well, here it is! Scroll down until you find F-BHSN.

http://impdb.org/index.php?title=Le_cave_se_rebiffe

Laurent

• 3 weeks later...

One of the invaders is lying in one of the hangersin bits at Kermit weeks Fantasy of Flight in Florida.

It was mentioned on the tour that it was from the film and i am sure it was black with a red thin line down the side.

This was last year. You could always email them and ask for details.

Hope this helps

• 2 years later...

The A26 tankers used in the movie were owned and operated by Lynch Flying Services out of Billings, Montana. The tanker numbers and registrations were real. I cannot tell you if the nose art was on the aircraft prior to the movie. I would bet it remained on the aircraft after the movie! All the Lynch tankers were sold years ago. One was retained for a time painted as a Vietnam Nam era A

26K. It too was sold and flown out of Billinga perhaps four years ago. I watched them fly while in college, and a max performance T/O was an amazing sight.

• 3 weeks later...