1/72nd scale Airfix Hurricane Mk.IIc built as a Blue Indian based PRU.IIc

Hiya Folks,

Another from my latest batch, here is the Airfix 1/72nd Hurricane Mk.IIc converted into a PRU.IIc of 3 PRU(India) wearing the dark `Bosun Blue' colour scheme also used over N.Africa. To prevent it from being mistaken for a Japanese aircraft the B Type roundels above and below the wings have received a yellow ring. The real aircraft was well worn, patched and stained and I`ve tried to replicate this and the camera was made from a piece of sprue while the kits short propeller blades were replaced by some from the spares box. A Heller sliding cockpit canopy was retrieved from a very old model and added in the open position after the underlying area of fuselage had been sanded.

hpr2.jpg

hpr4.jpg

hpr3.jpg

hpr1.jpg

Hope you like it,

All the best,

Tony O

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2

Cheers lads,

I normally finish off 3 or 4 models at the same time as I build in stages due to my back problems. When I`m consigned to the settee I do some basic assembly on a tea tray and thus accumlate quite a few part built models. When I`m up to it I paint them at my desk and when I`ve enough painted to warrant mixing up a watercolour wash they are then weathered all at the same time! I`m not particularly keen on the final bit of assembly, adding all of the fiddly bits so its done on a production line basis when I`m stuck back on the setee again and in the right mood! Basically when a batch is finished I`m generally in bits!!

All the best and thanks again,

Tony O

Very nice as always Tony. I always like to see your builds as they are alway finished in something different and not always your normal predictable markings. Love the weathering to, the dust looks great.

You just need to get some more jets done now.lol

All the best

Martin