1/48 Fujimi Bf-109G-6

Picked up from Telford-new to 109 building.

Having difficulty finding reference info for "Mullepux" so can anyone oblige?

P1070559.jpg

P1070563.jpg

P1070562.jpgP1070561.jpg

Edited by roys

P1070584.jpg

Excellent book-27 kit reviews, 1/48 scale drawings,walkrounds, history & colour profiles. But this kit gets a bit of a slagging for nose shape, gun troughs position & too short (16mm). However they seem to compare well with the drawings but I will have to investigate further!

P1070569.jpg

Exhausts got a slagging so I have got some Quick Boost ones!

P1070580.jpg

Picked up some QB guns as well-going to dust with primer & brush paint with Mr Metal Colour Copper, Iron & Dark Iron but am worried about over painting so any tips would be good.

P1070589.jpg

Picked up the Airwaves etch set mainly for the seat belts but they highlight the excess of panel lines for both G-6 & K-4 so the left hand radio hatch needs filling in my case!

P1070592.jpg

Finally this weeks bright idea is to enlarge the drawing from the kit & produce a DIY mottle mask!

Still no reference info found on this one 9/JG77 Uffz Heinz Berg "Mullepux" Yellow 8.

Edited by roys

Spot of K-4 panel line filling to turn it into a G-6 ! Using odourless wonder products from Telford.

Quite impressed with sucking a small amount of filler into the syringe & then adding a fine tip to fill in the relevant panel line.

Should be quite interesting putting the fuselage together with such an unusual breakdown of parts !

P1070594.jpg

P1070596.jpg

P1070595.jpg

Edited by roys

Bit of minor cockpit bashing tonight ,with George Frideric Handel on Radio 3 for company, and my other source of "large" reference photos is

" The Fighting Me 109" by Uwe Feist Arms & Armour 1988.

Gives a good insight into the life of a Luftwaffe pilot and is also cheap off Amazon!

http://www.amazon.co...54052747&sr=1-1

Oops sorry should have put it in the reference thread !

Edited by roys

Bit of minor cockpit bashing tonight ,with George Frideric Handel on Radio 3 for company, and my other source of "large" reference photos is

" The Fighting Me 109" by Uwe Feist Arms & Armour 1988.

Gives a good insight into the life of a Luftwaffe pilot and is also cheap off Amazon!

http://www.amazon.co...54052747&sr=1-1

Oops sorry should have put it in the reference thread !

Just purchased thanks for the link, I'll pass on Radio 3 and Handel though :)

• 1 month later...

Had to invent my own sequence of construction for the cockpit as the advised way of doing it was going to give big gaps & a very thick sidewall.
P1070600.jpg
P1070712.jpg

Also the half circle join shown here would appear to be for the Bf-109G-10 Regensburg production only, according to page 217 SAM book !
P1070713.jpg

Not going to worry about that though due to the lack of reference material - just going to plug on with it

But unfortunately will not meet the deadline but will eventually post in ready for inspection !

Edited by roys

• 2 years later...

Had to invent my own sequence of construction for the cockpit as the advised way of doing it was going to give big gaps & a very thick sidewall.

P1070600.jpg

P1070712.jpg

Also the half circle join shown here would appear to be for the Bf-109G-10 Regensburg production only, according to page 217 SAM book !

P1070713.jpg

Not going to worry about that though due to the lack of reference material - just going to plug on with it

But unfortunately will not meet the deadline but will eventually post in ready for inspection !

The nose insert doesnt look quite right, must be the light on the nose piece making it look bulged. I'm just finishing up the 109G14 kit from the same moulds.Apart from some rather thick bits (eg tail section(s) it turns out quite nice. The optional nose parts do rather make for a tedious build though.