1/32 F-15C Eagle, Bitburg 1984

Hi All,

Better late than never, here's the finished F-15C from the 1/32 Tamiya kit. Aftermarket items added (seamless intakes, Black Box cockpit/avionics bay, Eduard exterior and placards, TwoBobs Eifel Eagles decal sheet)

Build log is HERE

Massive * BIG UP * to Canberra Fan who very kindly donated the kit and aftermarket parts. Also thanks to Stephen for lending me the Lock-On and Squadron Walkround books which were invaluable.

All pics courtesy of Farnborough IPMS website - taken by the talented Dr Flangemeister!

DSCF6972.JPG

DSCF6974.JPG

DSCF6975.JPG

DSCF6977.JPG

Alan

Edited by PHaTNesS
  • Like 5

Thanks Sean, I've added a link to the Work in Progress build which should help answer your questions! Would you believe I did all the stencils in two nights, about two hours total! The magic of dry-transfers!

Thanks again, Al

I don't know why but the Bitburg Eagles were always my favourite F-15's for some reason, so I like that!!

Agree. The Bitburg Eagles were the icons of the NATO air defense.

You captured this plane marvelously.

Edited by Billy BigBoy

:blush: thanks very much you guys.

I don't know why but the Bitburg Eagles were always my favourite F-15's for some reason

Me too, such an archetype of the Reagan era US Air Force, the glamour posting of USAFE by miles. A real nostalgia trip for me too when I was out in Germany around the turn of the 90s.

Thanks for your appreciation, this model meant a lot to me to build :-)

Lovely work, and I have to echo the BT codes being so evocative of that time. I have a huge poster of Bitburg F-15s on my wall when I was a teenager.