Revell London bus :)

Alex2410

Very, very nice. I like the "worn" look on the steps - how many thousands of people must have gone up and down them during the service life of a typical Routemaster?

This just gets better and better...

BTW the new issue of Airfix Model World has the second part of the review build of this kit. It explains why the instructions say that the large advertising posters on the side are to be cut out and glued in place rather than being applied as decals - it's to simulate the way the real things were pasted to panels of plywood or hardboard so they could be changed quickly and cleanly.

I am surprised to see you haven't drilled out the small light just under the drivers cab window!

I really really cannot wait to see how the whole bus looks illuminated this is something I would love to try, but alas I have no knowledge in how to do it!

Keep up the good work,

James

I am surprised to see you haven't drilled out the small light just under the drivers cab window!

As for this light I think it's possible, but the touble is the second light (near the engine hood) - there is no place for LED :(

Some more photos

84bc3912905e.jpg

7c3a3b508cc2.jpg

21f004c25019.jpg

assembled for color matching

01a62f9a3fc4.jpg

3758f4162482.jpg

Edited by Alex2410

Alex, looking brilliant all the way. The lighting is excellent too. Have you considered using bare metal foil as the wiring for lights? It does work.

I'm still gathering advertising reference for my own build, when I've got something worth posting, I'll drop you a link rather than put it in your thread.

Wag

Ah the Red Bus Rover, that brings back memories. My mate Trimbo and I used to take our pack-ups (mine fish paste sandwiches, Trimbo's chocolate spread ones) and go all over London on the buses. We were 8 or 9 year old Chingford boys, but would go bowling at Tolworth or Streatham.  The furthest we got (when the new 125 trains were introduced) was Bristol I think!!!  What a shame my boys can't do that now!  

Edited by Fatcawthorne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...