K-3PO

I've recently returned to modelling from a 20 year or so break. Back in the day I used to model mostly movie sci-fi kits as I always liked the idea of owning movie props. This if you excuse the poor photography is the old Screamin/ Kaiyodo 1:6 C-3PO kit I picked up some 20ish years ago. I got it in a sale and there were small parts missing which is why I think I never got round to doing anything with it and it sat in the loft unloved. I found it again recently and from reading various posts on here thought why not finish it off, but as K-3PO (from the Hoth scenes) so it'd be a bit more unusual. The stick bit on the centre of the head the two other sticks on the neck and one of the sticks from the knee's were all missing... hope I've not lost you with all that technical talk. :rofl:

I'll upload some better shots when I can... please don't be too cruel.

head.jpg

front_right.jpg

back.jpg

left.jpg

Ok, ok. I may be asking a stoopid question here, but just to clarify, the difference between C3PO and K3PO is...............??? Great build in any case!

Ahh OK... geek head on... It's a droid seen in the Hoth scenes on "Empire"

... K-3PO was an older model protocol droid whose compiled military records of at least twenty years of service not only increased his military value daily but also made him a veritable tactical genius.His strategic and analytical abilities, and also his organizational prowess, earned him a position as the coordinator unit of all droids in Alliance High Command, serving at the Alliance headquarters as it moved from Yavin 4, to Thila, and finally Hoth.
K-3PO's upper right chest was branded with red rank insignia.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/K-3PO

Edited by SMD70