Jaguar A (Kitty Hawk 1:48) - Out of the Box Build Review

Mike

Adrian, in your experience were jets ever operated without the 1/2 Edam in place? I've found a fair number on my travels that no longer have the guard in place, so you can see right up the bay behind the rear cockpit wall.

Thanks

G.

In mine - no. On a wet or dirty runway you'd have been throwing mud and water straight up onto the battery and TR's

................too slow again wasn't I

Edited by JagRigger

LOX pot was on the stbd side

Shows I didn;t change too many of these in my time! Or the Grey Matter is fading! or both

Always remeber that short movie "Man from Lox" Still brings a shiver to me today.

Adrian, in your experience were jets ever operated without the 1/2 Edam in place? I've found a fair number on my travels that no longer have the guard in place, so you can see right up the bay behind the rear cockpit wall.

Thanks

G.

Used all the time.

Looking forward to seeing more Mike.

Being an ex 14 Sqdn Sootie really really want a GR1.

Nose wheel bay from what I can see is a tad wrong. The plank effect should be a 1/2 Edam cheese recess for the nose wheel!

Looks like some extra work can go into the MLG bays and the engine bays.

Not sure of the fwd open avionics on FAF a/c area but on the RAF Jags we had the prominent Lox container which is not shown?

Adrian

"Sootie"?

Don't worry Venomvixen et al , i will deal with Bad Bruce when he visits me on Monday next

i will get the cane out of the cupboard and give him a damn good thrashing

Cheers

"Sootie"?

RAF nickname for various tradesmen

Rigger - airframes

Sootie - engines

Plumber - armourer

Lecky - electrician

Fairy - avionics, air comms etc

Nasty - a fairy who deals with INAS

Clicky - air photo

Shiny - a clerk

Shows I didn;t change too many of these in my time! Or the Grey Matter is fading! or both

Always remeber that short movie "Man from Lox" Still brings a shiver to me today.

Used all the time.

I was Q OXY and did a fair few dets towards the end of things for LOX / LIN support.

A few thousand litres of LOX and most people would stay well away and leave you in peace :winkgrin:

Edited by JagRigger

Everyone please excuse my friend Bruce ,,,,he works in remote area's of Australia as a Paramedic for extended periods of time and i think the heat and loneliness is getting to him,,,poor man i am very sorry for hijacking this great thread

P.S.

Sooty is his friend, his only real friend !!

You could try looking at the hundreds of detail pics I sent in for the walkaround Mike, they have detail of the bay interiors included.

http://www.britmodel...showtopic=70916 post 12 covers the fuel bay..

G.

I did tell him, but does he listen? :fraidnot:

It took ages for you get all those taken, and me to uploaded!

Julien

ps good WIP Mike! :winkgrin:

Houston, we have a problem. :owww: In my messy workshop, I have managed to lose the instrument panel and PE skin, and no amount of searching has turned it up so far. That leaves me with two options.

1. Pinch a resin one from a cockpit set of a 1A of unknown provenance
  2. Pinch a styrene one from an old Airfix kit and slap some Eduard PE on it.
  3. Harass the already over-worked Mr Song for some spares.

On the basis that Mr Song probably has enough to do, and even if he could get me some spares, it would slow things down, I'm going to have a look at options 1 and 2 this afternoon. :(

No sooner did I start cutting up the Airfix panel as a template, than I spotted the kit part under the desk, while being distracted by my 2-year old asking me what everything was. Typical, eh? :rolleyes:

Heavily supervised of course, and only until he starts grabbing at sharp tools... then he's gone ;)

He'll probably be safer with them than you! :)

You must have done something to appease the Modelling Gods - normally the missing part only turns up after you've finishing making the replacement part...

Jonners

• Like 2

He'll probably be safer with them than you! :)

You must have done something to appease the Modelling Gods - normally the missing part only turns up after you've finishing making the replacement part...

Jonners

It is always like that!!! :wall:

I guess the modelling gods were assuaged by my getting the boy interested in aircraft from a young age. Mind you, I didn't really have to - he was pointing out planes in the sky from a young age, and loves airshows :)

I've been working on the cockpit on & off today, and have got it up to a reasonable standard, with some Airscale post WWII instruments dropped into the raised dials, and some judicious painting with my trusty W&N Series 7, 000. It wouldn't win any competitions, but it'll do ;)

The engine has been painted up and a few tricky scratch-built parts added to the basic tube before I proceed with building it in. I think I'll probably press on with the build and detail the engine as I go along, so it doesn't get bogged down with the minutae of that. With the cockpit almost ready to install, it won't be long before I close up the fuselage now... famous last words :hmmm:

I'll try & post a few pics later.

The cockpit's about done... or as done as it's going to get on this one anyway. I've also primed up the landing gear legs, although they're going to need a little more work before I put the final light grey coat on them. They also need wiring up :)

parts5.jpg

The gear legs are going in before the fuselage is joined, so now I'm just waiting for them to get finished off before I press on :)