Jaguar A (Kitty Hawk 1:48) - Out of the Box Build Review

Mike

I did wonder actually John, as it seemed odd to have 2 APUs on such a small jet. What's in the other side? :hmmm:

On the French A there is an insulated flask for a bottle of decent cote du rhone red, a clip for a baguette, and a small pouch sized to take 19th century erotic lithographs.

On the GR1 for the RAF this was modded to take 3 cans of Boddingtons, a bacon sarny, and the pouch was enlarged to Tabloid for Page 3 clippings.

The Indian maritime version went with a dual Tiger bottle holder, clips for a Tiffin box, and a much modified angle-able holder for the Karma Sutra

Dont you know aneefink ??? :)

Jonners

• Like 7

Do you think there is any *need* for after market on this? From what I can see of your build, this is more than enough for a jobbing assembler of plastic like myself, so unless there is something horribly wrong with what is provided, I'd build straight from the box (GR.1 of course).

Trevor

I think it's a case of how far you want to go Trevor. I've no doubt it will make a handsome replica of a Jaguar without adding any aftermarket, but if you want to take it further, and I probably will with my next RAF Jag, there will be plenty of resin and PE sets to choose from, I'm sure :)

Oh, and I've now broken my own vow. I've scratch-build the fuel gubbins in the starboard bay :blush:

I trust you will be updating the thread title forthwith! :lol:

(Gosh I'm in a grumpy mood today, must be the sunshine!)

Right thanks - will track down a pic :)

You could try looking at the hundreds of detail pics I sent in for the walkaround Mike, they have detail of the bay interiors included.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=70916 post 12 covers the fuel bay..

Quite disappointed in the APU error though, as I provided mr Song with an awful lot of detail shots when the big Jag was first mooted by Trumpeter. Nothing a bit of fettling can't fix, mind, and I'm looking forward to adding a few to my stash. You're not wrong about the fuselage being flimsy either, I've had to do a couple of repairs to my hacked-about Airfix one that I've cut the bays out of..

G.

Edited by ursa_major

You could try looking at the hundreds of detail pics I sent in for the walkaround Mike, they have detail of the bay interiors included.

Did do, so thanks! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words so far folks ;)