New Ship Related Releases

Just found on FB IMG_877661130366003_zpsqjfghtkh.jpeg

Looks nice but I need a full hull kit for the diorama I want to build, along with the early turret. What is that fairing running down the stbd side? cant recall seeing it in pics.

A real shame about the Type 22 being scrapped. They were in their prime !!!!

A real shame, if you look at the video in the Maritime chat section about the P&O ship going to the breakers in Turkey you can see one of the Type 22 ships there as well. :(

@Julien: I would guess that the fairings along the side are strengthening beams like on the Batch 3 Type 42 in later life. I am confussed as to why they don`t run the entire length of the hull unless it is only this particular area that has suffered fatigue over the years.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, a superb kit of the light cruiser HMS Gloucester from 1910 is available now in 1/700, a resin kit by Kombrig. I got mine from White Ensign, and the casting looks excellent. It has some etch (brass), but you need to supply your own masts (but templates are in the instruction guide). Kombrig's web site is currently undergoing renovations at the moment so I can't post a link, sorry.

I hope it is okay to give this information!

All the best, Ray

• Like 1

1/700 HMS Victorious 1966 Orangehobby coming soon http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2815547069

Nice one was expecting a 60s Hermes but a Victorious is good and the Airgroup should be available seperately.

Now what they should really do is an Eagle and/or Ark Royal as they would go down a treat but i think the lack of decent drawings available to them prevents those models being done

• Like 1

Nice one was expecting a 60s Hermes but a Victorious is good and the Airgroup should be available seperately.

Now what they should really do is an Eagle and/or Ark Royal as they would go down a treat but i think the lack of decent drawings available to them prevents those models being done

The Fleet Air Arm Museum has a complete set of drawings for Eagle that they hold on loan from me so there should be no problem there.

Martin

• Like 1

The Fleet Air Arm Museum has a complete set of drawings for Eagle that they hold on loan from me so there should be no problem there.

Martin

Original or as converted to late 1960's?

Mike

• Like 1

1/700 HMS Victorious 1966 Orangehobby coming soon http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2815547069

If only we could get a 1/350 post war RN aircraft carrier, Victorious is probably the best documented, with the wonderful Anatomy Of The Ship book alone containing a wealth of detailed drawings.

I guess I'd better crack on and finish my Airfix 1/600 kit.

Thanks for the link too.

• Like 1

pic of HMS Victorious,have to agree a 1/350 would be excellent and a Eagle or Ark Royal 1977 ,can dream,but who would think that even a couple of years ago,the ship we are getting now,i think its only a matter of time before these ships arrive :hypnotised:1966_zpse0469d26.jpg

• Like 3

Martin

Let British Forces Models know as he has direct contact with Orange Hobby about the availablity of your Eagle drawings as being in China they can only access commercially available data such as the Jacobian plans or the AOTS books. I know when i suggested Hermes when they were doing Ocean a few years ago it was the lack of decent drawings that put them off an Eagle or Ark Royal.

That Victorious looks rather tasty and better than the MT and HR models which were shown for comparison in the original link.

• Like 3

Hi Guys.

I have asked Orangehobby about a timescale for HMS Victorious in a subtle way as I did not want to seem ungrateful so close to the launch of their Type 22 frigate.

I have also suggested that there is a wealth of information available from UK modellers, not just with regard to HMS Eagle, but a whole range of Royal Navy shipping should they wish to persue other Royal Navy kits.

Myself and Dave (SHAR2) have suggested various ships and scale over the past year that would be eagerly sought after by UK modellers such as 1:350 Type 42, Type 21, Type 22 and others. Looking back at the kits they have produced so far ( Ocean, Hermes, Type 22 and now Victorious ) I think they are doing quite a good job of listening to modellers and producing the kits that we as modellers actually want. I think we will eventually see other kits that we would like, I just think it is a matter of "so many kits and so little time"

John

• Like 2

Hello Everyone.

I have had a very lengthy reply from the boss of Orangehobby in which he has kindly explained the breakdown of Orangehobby, the number of staff available and the projects that they are interested in.

With regard to HMS Victorious, OH are aiming for March 2014, personally I would factor in a few weeks for unforseen issues and call it April 2014.

The next bit is very interesting and I will quote the email directly "Select the Royal Navy ship , because I think in addition to the U.S. Navy and Russia, more distinctive fleet of course , is also a business opportunity , I 'm interested , HMS Eagle HMS ARK Royal good information"

I have asked what information in particular he needs to finish 1958 Hermes and what information he would need for Eagle or Ark Royal.

I have also said that there is a huge amount of knowledge and experience here on Britmodeller and not to hesitate to ask for help in finding plans, photos etc.

John

• Like 3