New Ship Related Releases

Strictly speaking, this is not a ship related release but I don't really know where else to put this but I picked up the July issue (213) of Tamiya model magazine today and it has an awesome build of the Airfix 1/350 HMS Illustrious inside. :gobsmacked:

Six page article, plenty of pics, built by Ian Ruscoe. modelmaking at its finest using the WEM etch sets. I think this is a must for anyone building Lusty/Ark Royal/Invincible.

Sorry if it's the wrong place to post but I had to point it out.

Jockster.

Thanks for the heads up, I rarely buy mag's these days, but will give it the once over with a view to buying.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, she looks very nice, a little basic out of the box, but I'm sure it won't be long before WEM and Eduard get their teeth into it. Hopefully we should have a review kit winging its to us shortly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone do a 1/350 type 21 Dave?

another vote for me on that one. Been on HMS Active a few times, it was our ship when i was in the Sea cadets (a long long time ago!)

Julien

• 1 month later...

Hobbyboss have announced new 1:350 kits of the Soviet/Russian Akula and Oscar II nuclear subs. Any new kits of these types will always be welcomed by me, but I hope they follow these kits up with some types that haven't been kitted before. A Typhoon or Delta would be the sum of earthly bliss, Hobbyboss!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't make out the name. If it's HMS Roberts then the lower hull looks a bit too deep.

It's been confirmed elsewhere that it is HMS Roberts. As for the hull shape being wrong then it wouldn't be Trumpeter if there wasn't some issue regarding shape!!

USS Whidbey Island LSD-41 is due from Orangehobby towards the end of the month in 1:700 scale. No pictures as yet, but I will post them as soon as I get them. Also due soon from Orangehobby are packs of MV-22 Ospreys, CH-46 Sea Knight, M1A1 Abrams, M35 trucks, HMMWV and LCU`s in 1:700.

John

• Like 1

I don't know if this is new or not but I have just bought a kit of the Ice-breaker 'Soya' in 1:700 scale. The instructions are all in chinese but the decal sheet says "Seals Models" and the number is 006.

It's nice little kit.

MIke

Heres a new one from Merit International:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10245971

An OSA I (Soviet Project 205 Moskit) class missile boat in 1/72. That makes it just over 21 inches long in old money. White Ensign have it listed on their website.

I hope that we see some more big scale Soviet FACS! :thumbsup2:

Mike. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Box arts, paint guides and basic builds of the 1/700 scale kits of the USS Colorado 1944 and HMS Warspite now on Hobby Search:

Colorado: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10250639

Warspite: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10250640

They're both under the Skywave label for Japanese release, but I can't see the Trumpeter boxings being much different.

Interesting to see that they've labeled the Warspite as 1945, but I think it's a typo and should be 1942.

Mike. :)

Edited by MikeR
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...