New Ship Related Releases

I have absolutely no doubt this will be very popular but I'm not sure what it is about NELSON/RODNEY that they just don't excite me in the same way that say REPULSE or RENOWN do.  It must be because they were such an odd design as a result of the Washington Treaty limitations.  That said, I could still be tempted in that scale.

• Like 1

Modern UK aircraft carrier fans!  According to US vendor Squadron, Trumpeter will be releasing aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth in 1/350 scale (click here).

The scale may be a typo.  Trumpeter's catalog lists the kit in 1/700 scale.  Either way, a very exciting subject with potential to please many Royal Navy fans.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Model Monkey said:

Modern UK aircraft carrier fans!  According to US vendor Squadron, Trumpeter will be releasing aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth in 1/350 scale (click here).

also HMS Naid is listed at 99USD retail (on sale/preorder for 80ish).

3 hours ago, S-boat 55 said:

Daft as it soundsnid never realised how odd she'd look hull wise as well, 

I also thought the super structure was further back - more like a modern oil tanker. Can't wait to add one to the build list. 

• 3 weeks later...

Now that looks very tempting but I need to build from the stash first unless I can sneak it past missus b.  :whistle:

Nice fine Chris

Stay Safe

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Thanks Chris @Chris Hewitt That looks very promising indeed.  That really is quite a lot of PE!

23 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Now that looks very tempting but I need to build from the stash first unless I can sneak it past missus b.  :whistle:

Nice fine Chris

Stay Safe

Keith

I have promised the Rather Marvellous Mrs M that this will be The last ship purchase of the year.

Rob

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

Thanks Chris @Chris Hewitt That looks very promising indeed.  That really is quite a lot of PE!

I have promised the Rather Marvellous Mrs M that this will be The last ship purchase of the year.

Rob

Yes @robgizlu and my middle name is Pinocchio as well.  :lalala:

Keith  

• Haha 5

23 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Rob

Uk tax year ends in March... Iranian New Year is sometime in March... I'm sure more can be looked for...

• Haha 3

Much as I'm tempted (been waiting for a 350 Dido for...ever!) I may wait for the later war Argonaut. 

Trouble is how long will that wait be?;

The turret sides 'll need smoothing.

Tom

3 hours ago, Tegethoff said:

Trumpeter announce another French Light Cruiser: Georges Leygues due April 

Item No.: 05375  Scale: 1:350

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=276&l=en

65d5a0e02e14e.jpg

Bugger, she'd be an easier conversion to Gloire than my Marseillaise, 

That said Trumpeter would need to look at adjusting the price a bit, 

I wonder what happened to the Trumpeter 1/350 Baltimore that was announced some time ago. Happy for all these other releases but almost feels like they're skipping the queue.

Edited by Vlad

Profile Morskie did books on the Baltimore, Nashville, Savannah and Helena. The first three all being late war fits whilst Helena was "as sunk". As it's fairly evident Trumpeter use the Morskies as a basis for their kits, it'll be one of those four.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seems an odd choice of subject but Veryfire have released a 1/350 Yamato on the quiet by the look of it, 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/116141244914?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=0GzSoQVhTea&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=Mg2A4ix_T_S&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

There's a standard version as well, be interesting to see how it compares to Tamiyas updated version 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...