New Ship Related Releases

3 hours ago, Francis Macnaughton said:

There is one here comparing it with the Revell version but in German:

http://www.modellmarine.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5856%3Atrumpeter-deutsches-schlachtschiff-bismarck-1350&catid=69%3Atru&Itemid=1

Google translate gave a readable version with a helpful conclusion that the Trumpeter kit is one of their best in 1/350th but that the Revell one holds up well against it and is still good value for money.

Thanks, everyone's built one figured it's my turn now, but decisions decisions

• 1 month later...

Yes it is tiny and they went to war in it as well,I bought this version of Victory produce by Meridian 1/700 scale Trafalgar ships ,some time ago June 2019 and only finished it in April this year to found out that Five Star are release a better detailed kit.Anyway ,just to get an idea who small the hull is ,here is the one I started and finished.

NPSUCoK.jpg

CyOKKnl.jpg

fXBk7eC.jpg

Edited by Chris Hewitt
  • Like 14

On 10/08/2020 at 04:57, dickrd said:

I hope they get the radar fit correct before they finalise things. The only radar on Illustrious 1940 - early 1941 was the Type 79 (or 279 - references vary as to the exact set):

Flyhawk Illustrious 1940 - Copy

I wouldn’t be too worried about the Radar fit out, as from my experience with Flyhawk ship models is that the Radars will separate  as you would have the option too used PE or the radars.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Exkiwiforces said:

I wouldn’t be too worried about the Radar fit out, as from my experience with Flyhawk ship models is that the Radars will separate  as you would have the option too used PE or the radars.

True, but I hate to see modelers being mislead. There were indications that they were also thinking, erroneously, of featuring the Type 282 on the pom pom directors. Anyhow, Flyhawk have now been in touch with me and I have given them the necessary advice. I hope they follow it.

Edited by dickrd
  • Like 4

Some very nice RN submarine releases from OKB, 1/350 C class group 2 http://shop.okbgrigorov.com/product/854/1-350-rn-c-class-submarine-group-2.html,

1/350 R class R1/R2 & R7/R12.

also GMU are releasing a 1/35 sleeping beauty submersible canoe. https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10715878.

Just had delivered Hobbyboss's 1/350 PLAN 031 Golf Class after a 2 year wait LOL

All the best Chris

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whitestar12chris said:

Hobbyboss's 1/350 PLAN 031 Golf Class after a 2 year wait

Interesting. I was looking at one of those yesterday as maybe a follow on to my Bronco 039 Song class. I'm getting rather taken by these subs!

Terry

• Like 2

22 hours ago, dickrd said:

Anyhow, Flyhawk have now been in touch with me and I have given them the necessary advice. I hope they follow it.

In my experience they listen very well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 10:04 PM, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

That must be TINY!

Can confirm. I just bought one for reasons I shall attempt coalesce and articulate at some later date.

resized_12f9e66b-29aa-417b-8f20-6bc792bf

And juxtaposed next to KGV class battleship in same scale. Wow. I've been on HMS Victory (as one should) and it's not a small sailing ship - but the difference here is astounding.

resized_1a2f8a62-af04-4a00-911c-eab7087c

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received Trumpy's HMS Calcutta from China today.

5 weeks in transit and £36.80 inc. postage

Well chuffed!

SWMBO says I've got to wait 'till Christmas. That's fine might get some 3D printed goodies to go with it!

Tom

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

Have you a had a chance to look at it and if yes, ?good news/?pleased

yes any photos of you caressing the plastic  :coolio:

beefy

• Haha 2