New Ship Related Releases

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

I think Mike told me that the 2019 list all but the same as that of 2017. I shall not be holding my breath for anything new.

Stuart

Nowadays I tend to wait until test pics appear before overly anticipating a new release. Until there's something concrete then these announcements are essentially the hobby industry's equivalent of 'vapourware.' 

Ross.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2018 at 10:37 AM, Courageous said:

I would agree Mike. In 1/700, I'm only interested in British destroyers so their isn't much to interest me.

On another note Mike, can I make a Group II T Class Sub from you Group III with a little modification?

Stuart

It would be difficult I think, there are quite a lot of differences.

Mike

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

I think Mike told me that the 2019 list all but the same as that of 2017. I shall not be holding my breath for anything new.

Stuart

Most of the kits in the new list were announced two years ago, some have obviously progressed but so far Flyhawk have tended to release 1 or 2 entirely new kits a year, by which I don't mean variations on something previously released.  My point really is that it if they keep to that schedule, it is going to be some time before most of these are released.

By the way, the 1/350 Prince of Wales is expected for release in three years, so 2021....

Mike

• Like 2

IHP 1/700 HMS Colossus Class light fleet carrier

Imperial Hobby Production have formally announced their first new 1/700 injection moulded kit - the Royal Navy Colossus class light fleet carrier from the 1940's.

Starling models will certainly be stocking these kits when they are released later in the year

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Geoff_B said:

IHP 1/700 HMS Colossus Class light fleet carrier

Imperial Hobby Production have formally announced their first new 1/700 injection moulded kit - the Royal Navy Colossus class light fleet carrier from the 1940's.

Starling models will certainly be stocking these kits when they are released later in the year

I need a few of these! :frantic:

Impatient of Mars 👽

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having a think about Trumpeter's new Royal Navy ship announcements and I think they must be using Profile Morskie plans during the kit design process.

The 1/350 Calcutta, Colombo, Cornwall, Kent, 1939 Exeter, York, Naiad and Argonaut all correlate with PM plans whilst the Scylla was the subject of one of their print monographs prior to them going digital only.

Mike.:hmmm:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, you can always go for the 1/200 Trumpeter Titanic; only $399 US approximately, 357 Euros, or, 305 GBP. It is a little out of my league pricewise, and definitely way out of any acceptance of the wife's. Oh well!😭

• 2 months later...

Cross post from the WW2 section:

First look at IBG's new 1/700 HMS Ithuriel and ORP Garland: LINK.

HobbySearch have sprue shots of Aoshima's upcoming 1/700 HMS Norfolk: LINK.

Mike.:)

Mikromir are working on two 1/350 versions of the USS Parche special ops submarine, short and stretched, the renders look impressive.

There is a third US nuclear sub in the offing but no details yet.

Also seen renderings for a Japanese Target A/D mini sub in 1/35, yummy!!

All the best Chris

37 minutes ago, Flankerman said:

Just as I finished my conversion :doh:.......

spacer.png

Great news though.....

Ken

Nice one Ken, just missing the under hull/keel detail (rectangular section running length of keel) see link https://www.shapeways.com/product/9LF3FXRVP/uss-parche-ssn-683-special-op-version-1-350-scale

All the best Chris

2 hours ago, whitestar12chris said:

Nice one Ken, just missing the under hull/keel detail (rectangular section running length of keel

Damn! I didn't find that lower section when doing my research - I had very little to go on.

I'll just have to get the MM kit when it comes out.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 11:50 AM, Chris Hewitt said:

Now for something totally different,built by the greatest builder Isambard Kingdom Brunel ,1/700 SS Great Eastern produce by Combrig,no release date yet.

7kmLtgx.jpg

That will be nice if Combrig do it full hull for a change in this scale!

Ray

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 11:50 AM, Chris Hewitt said:

built by the greatest builder Isambard Kingdom Brunel

As someone who is not a fan of the former Great Western Railway I dispute that comment!:P

Aoshima's 1/700 HMS Norfolk is now out: LINK. Despite the hype saying that they'd corrected the scale problem that afflicted their Dorsetshire I see it shares the same waterline plate which doesn't bode well! They've also released the JMSDF's latest class of Aegis equipped destroyers, the JS Asahi with the second in class, the JS Shiranui forthcoming.

First glimpse of Flyhawk's HMS Lively: LINK.

Look inside their HMS Kelly: LINK.

Hasegawa's latest waterline release, a three pack of their new tooled Yugumo (x2) and Asashio (x1) destroyers themed on the evacuation of Kiska in the Aleutians: LINK.

Dream Model have released kits of the PLAN's Type 052B/C/D/D+ destroyers: Type 052B/C, Type 052D/D+.

Mike.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 24/06/2019 at 11:50, Chris Hewitt said:

Now for something totally different,built by the greatest builder Isambard Kingdom Brunel ,1/700 SS Great Eastern produce by Combrig,no release date yet.

7kmLtgx.jpg

:frantic:Gimmie!

Martian 👽

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 1:43 PM, MikeR said:

Aoshima's 1/700 HMS Norfolk is now out: LINK. Despite the hype saying that they'd corrected the scale problem that afflicted their Dorsetshire I see it shares the same waterline plate which doesn't bode well!

Fear naught, the new Norfolk kit is the right size - Mitsuaki Kubota's review on Twitter: LINK.

Norfolk top, Dorsetshire bottom.

spacer.png

He also speculates that Aoshima are going to go back and re-tool the Dorsetshire. Makes sense as they haven't as of yet released a regular boxing, only the two specials.

All info courtesy of the discussion about the kit over on SteelNavy: LINK.

The kit is still in stock at HobbySearch, but I'm holding off buying one for now just in case Aoshima are going to to a Bismarck chase version and if they do indeed retool the Dorsetshire.:hmmm:

Mike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sprue shots of Trumpeter's upcoming 1/700 Type 23 are now on their site: LINK.

Unfortunately for those who prefer waterline (like me!) the hull is full hull only with no other option:

spacer.png

Apparently it's slide moulded so unless you have a dremel it'll be a bit of an effort to waterline. I've also noticed that they haven't included the Kryten turret as an option, repeating the error in their 1/350 kits.

Mike.

• Like 3

Bigblueboy do a 1/700 resin Kryten turret with barrel ,4 in a pack ,this was the best price ,I found.Here is the link,I have ordered numerous times,if facted l have this on order and had no problems. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bigblueboy-PE-resin-1-700-HMS-Mk8-4-5-114MM-55-Cal-Gun-75026/173894288042

Obokycg.jpg

Edited by Chris Hewitt
  • Like 1

Aoshima have announced the HMS Kent "Benghazi Attack" in 1/700: LINK.

spacer.png

Presumably Aoshima have been inspired by this (quoted from Wikipedia):

On 15 September 1940 the battleship Valiant, the aircraft carrier Illustrious, Kent, the anti-aircraft cruisers Calcutta and Coventry, and seven destroyers left Alexandria bound for Benghazi. During the night of 16/17 September 1940, aircraft from the Illustrious mined the harbour of Benghazi. They also attacked shipping in the harbour with torpedoes and bombs, sinking two destroyers and two merchant ships. Kent and two destroyers were detached to bombard Bardia while returning to Alexandria. During the night of 17/18 September 1940 the ship was hit in the stern by a torpedo from Italian Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 bombers from the 279th Independent Torpedo Squadron (Italian: Squadriglia Autonoma Aerosiluranti) led by Carlo Emanuele Buscaglia. She was towed back to base by the destroyers with great difficulty.

Hence the trio of SM.79s!

Mike.

• Like 1