New Ship Related Releases

14 hours ago, Chewitt said:

:oMore chance of winning the lottery:P would be nice:D 

Well we did get one in 1/600 this year, although a bit basic, so we might at least see a better one in 1/700, especially with the new Aircraft Carriers progress this year with HMS Queen Elizabeth sailing to Portsmouth and HMS Prince of Wales getting Launched. Plus we have Airfix releasing a RN Phantom FG1 and the possibility of a new Buccaneer so a new Ark would cash in nicely :D

• Like 1

Finally a look at the long announced ICM 1/700 SMS König: We have CAD! Hannants also have the Grosser Kurfürst and Kronprinz listed. It's taken a while, Masterbox also had these listed in 1/700 more than a few years ago so I'm guessing ICM took the project over.

Aoshima have also announced the HMS Victorious in 1/700. It'll be interesting to see just how different that is from their Illustrious kit.

Moving on to Flyhawk, Tim Dike's done a review of their new 1/700 HMS Cambeltown kit over on ModelWarships.com.

Mike.

Edited by MikeR

I've just got the Campbeltown and it looks like an excellent little kit. I'm sure I kept a tin of WEM Colourcoats Mountbatten Pink, which will now come in handy. As for Aoshima - if Flyhawk do the same subject (ie Illustrious) get the Flyhawk kit as it will be better based on current kits!

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Another one from Flyhawk - for those who haven't availed themselves of Starling Models stock their Kajika labeled 1/700 WW1 era Kongo now has it's contents up on Hobby Search: LINK.

I now have a copy of ICM's 1/700 SMS König courtesy of Hannants and all I can say is it looks very good on the sprues, though I'll be waiting until some PE appears before making a start! Like it's 1/350 counterpart it depicts the ship during 1917-18, so If you want to make it a Jutland period one you'll need to replace the heavy pole foremast with the lighter original pattern, add the 6 8.8cm guns below the bridge structure and add the torpedo nets and booms.

Mike.:)

Edited by MikeR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A look at Flyhawk/Kajika's 1/700 WW1 era Hiei (past the Abrams pics): LINK.

Direct Links to the pics: HERE and HERE. I have Fujimi's 1/700 WW2 condition Hiei, so I think I'll be getting this one.:wicked:

Reviews from the same site on Kajika's Kongo (LINK) and HMS Campbeltown (LINK).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some more releases in 1/700 and other scales:

Aoshima's Victorious is now out - LINK. As I suspected the kit is no different from their previous release of the Illustrious. They've also released the seaplane tender Tsugaru in the main Waterline range, following on from the Kantai Collection version.

Fujimi will be releasing the Hyuga in pure battleship form: LINK.

ICM have CAD for their kit of the Grosser Kurfürst on their site: LINK. Looks like an early version as it has the anti-torpedo net booms, light foremast and the six 8.8cm below the bridge. The admiral's bridge may need to be removed as I think the ship didn't have it early in her career.

Pit-Road seem to be working through a number of their older 1/700 kits and re-issuing them with assorted upgrades, either new weapons and lower hulls for the WW2 ships or new decals and lower hulls for their modern types: JMSDF Asayuki, IJN Yukaze and IJN Asashio. They're also re-issung most of Trumpeters range in their own branding, presumably for the Japanese home market. LINK.

Fujimi also have the Yukikaze coming out in 1/350 which I would not be surprised to see re-issued as the Harekaze from High School Fleet as Fujimi seems to have the licence for that anime. They've already released 1/700 and Chibi versions, so I suspect that's the reason for Fujimi duplicating the offerings from Hasegawa and Tamiya in the larger scale. It's also pre-coloured which is quite popular at the moment.

MikroMir are releasing a WW1 UB-I type submarine in 1/144 scale: LINK.

Mike:)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some more kits from Hasegawa:

New tool 1/700 IJN Yugumo class destroyers - Yugumo and Hayanami. Good news for me as I've been hoping for something to replace Hasegawa's old kits. The Pit-Road ones have shape and accuracy issues. They're also releasing the JMSDF Hyuga in 1/700, the IJN Hiyo in 1/350 and the JMSDF Ashigara in 1/450. An as-built, full hull issue of their really nice 1/700 Mikasa kit is also due.

Moving on to Aoshima, they are doing their own version of the IJN Kitakami as a Kaiten carrier, going head to head with Fujimi's kit of the same ship. A limited edition of the 1/700 fleet oiler Hayasui will be bundled with some new 1/700 Balao and Gato class subs: LINK. Aoshima originally bundled the Balao kit with their kit of the IJN transport Mamiya then released a two-in-a-box version: LINK. The Gato from the Hayasui boxing is new, so I'd expect a separate twin boxing of the new sub in the future. Lastly, the company is expanding it's JMSDF line with the Replenshment ship Mashu: LINK.

Fine Molds are expanding their Nano-Dread series of accesories in 1/700: Mk-15/Mk-15 Mod.31 CIWS (Phalanx), Mk 141 GMLS and Mk-32 SVTT and WW2 RN Quad and Octuple Pom Poms.

• Like 1

I know that Fujimi have done the Kagero, Shiratsuyu and Akizuki classes (the Shiratsuyu's are nice) but I haven't seen anything about a Yugumo from them?

Edited by MikeR

I could have sworn they did, mind you the Kagero and Yugumo classes are very similar. I've been collecting all the destroyers from Yamato's final mission and I using the new tool Fujimi and Skywave kits mainly with a single kit from Aoshima. I should perhaps get a pair of Fujimi Shiratsuyu's at some point...

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:43 PM, MikeR said:

Some more releases in 1/700 and other scales:

Aoshima's Victorious is now out - LINK. As I suspected the kit is no different from their previous release of the Illustrious. They've also released the seaplane tender Tsugaru in the main Waterline range, following on from the Kantai Collection version.

Mike:)

Well you suspected wrong ;), having picked up both kits the Victorious has a different sprue to the Illustrious kit with the front gun sponsons and the bridge wings on the Island, on Lusty its bridge wings whilst its a U shaped one for Victorious around the front of the bridge. They are not too bad to be honest and far superior to they previous incarnations, the bad press is mostly due to their average Hermes kit and the expectations for the new Flyhawk HMS Illustrious which should take things to a whole new level.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

i see on the Hannants web site future releases by Trumpeter  1/700 German Navy Aircraft Carrier DKM Graf Zeppelin, German Navy Aircraft Carrier DKM Peter Strasser, USS New York BB-34, USS Texas BB-35, USS Kitty Hawk CV-63 , USS Constellation CV-64,USS John F. Kennedy CV-67,  HMS Nelson 1944 & HMS Rodney

• Like 1

Talking of Hannants and Trumpeter... 

I see on their website upcoming are listed 1/144 PLAN Xia and 1/144 HMS Astute. 

I almost spat my coffee out when I saw this, but can not find another reference to these upcoming kits in 1/144 scale, is it a mistake? 

If not a mistake then that's a fantastic addition to the wonderful 1/144 submarines available, the Xia class would be an impressive 83cm long and the first SSBN kit in 1/144. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SUB-SAM said:

Talking of Hannants and Trumpeter... 

I see on their website upcoming are listed 1/144 PLAN Xia and 1/144 HMS Astute. 

I almost spat my coffee out when I saw this, but can not find another reference to these upcoming kits in 1/144 scale, is it a mistake? 

If not a mistake then that's a fantastic addition to the wonderful 1/144 submarines available, the Xia class would be an impressive 83cm long and the first SSBN kit in 1/144. 

Yeap its in the Trumpeter Catalogue for 2017-18, but when it will actually appear could be anytime in the next 10 years knowing Trumpeter

• Like 3

For those that missed it there's the 1/700 scale planned new releases, still both wartime and post war HMS Belfast's to come (Would really like the 1959 version for my cold war fleet and possibly as source of spares to update other wartime cruisers to cold war config), we have Yorktown and Enterprise to go with their Hornet kit, they are also scaling down the HMS Ark Royal and the two German Graf Zeppelin carriers along with their Nelson/Rodney. For Cold War modellers they are scaling down the Kitty Hawk, Constellation and JFK to 1/700 to give us some conventional Super Carriers as opposed to Nimitz classes.

• Like 3