New Ship Related Releases

Well its not a ship but a submarine car, fujimi have just released the 007 lotus esprit submarine in 1/24, looks very nice.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331723568183?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

All the best Chris

• Like 1

Don't know if this is old news, but I've seen it mentioned on other sites that Hobbyboss are doing HMS Lord Nelson and HMS Agamemnon in 1/350 - great news for British pre-Dreadnought fans

Ross.

EDIT: Whole Hobbyboss 2016-17 catalogue has been posted in The Rumourmonger Section. SMS Seydlitz in 1/350 too!

Edited by Ravens

The 1/350th HMS Ark Royal that appeared to be missing from the Trumpeter and Hobby Boss catalogue is actually listed in the Merit catalogue (yet the aircraft are in the Trumpeter section :banghead: )

http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=161147

Flyhawk are following up their Niaid and Aurora RN Light Cruisers in 1/700 with 4 different RN Destroyers, Penelope an as early war version of the Aurora kit, the Hermes 1942 (original carrier), two British airgroups and a surprise item yet to be announced. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I hope they do an Illustrious as it would help justify the Aircraft set and replace the rather poor Aoshima version. The Flyhawk detail is superb and no doubt they will look to do alternative boxing's with revised fits of these ships.

Now if they can do either the County or the Town class cruisers then there would be a fair number of happy RN 1/700 modellers out there, Although surprised no other boxing's of the Dido class cruisers as yet

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well great news for merit x-craft owners, eduard have released a photo etch set for this model with what looks like three replacement prop blades on the etch, TBC.

Currently not showing on website but ive just bought one from model hobbies on fleabay.

All the best Chris

I received my Flyhawk 1/700 HMS Aurora and can safely say it's on a par with their awesome looking HMS Naiad. It comes with an etch set and can be made in Full Hull or Waterline style, so you won't need any aftermarket bits. The quality of moulding is top notch and so far the fit is pretty good too. It's not cheap, being about £30 but it really is worth every penny. I got mine from Dorking models, ordered on the 23rd, received on 24th! Brilliant service!

thanks

Mike

Apparently Flyhawk will be releasing 1/700 kits of the WW2 German Light Cruisers, Nurnberg, Karlsruhe, Konigsberg and Koln. A new Chinese company called Snowman Models will be releasing 1/700 models of the US WW2 ships USS Independence, USS Brooklyn and USS Cleveland. No idea of when though.

thanks
Mike

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I see that Trumpeter are going to release the Littorio and Vitorio Veneto in 1/350. New American subjects include the USS Baltimore and Pittsburg, also in 1/350.

I see that Trumpeter are going to release the Littorio and Vitorio Veneto in 1/350. New American subjects include the USS Baltimore and Pittsburg, also in 1/350.

All you need is a few 1/350 Swordfish (Littorio) or Albacores (VV) and you can have some Taranto / Matapan fun... After all, Tamiya included Japanese aircraft in their PoW kit, which I always thought showed somewhat dubious taste.

All you need is a few 1/350 Swordfish (Littorio) or Albacores (VV) and you can have some Taranto / Matapan fun... After all, Tamiya included Japanese aircraft in their PoW kit, which I always thought showed somewhat dubious taste.

You could already do that in 1/700, which would take up a lot less space! Both Littorio and Vittorio Veneto were at Taranto, so it would be easy to include both in a 1/700 dio. I'd really like Trumpeter or another plastic manufacturers to do the other battleships like the Andrea Doria....

thanks

Mike

• Like 1