New Ship Related Releases

Fourstacker's 1/350 cast hull from Black Cat.

Ben says he hopes to realease model on March. Price - about 150 , 139.95€ (For EU customers) - 116.63€ (WW customers)

272401649_439406837648701_42639726687105

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just stumbled upon the new ICM catalogue.  Interesting to see something new and different; a WWII German multi-purpose boat "Kriegfischkutter".   Worth a look.

(I tried to paste a screenshot here, without success.)

• 3 weeks later...

I would love some older RN ships, I mean from the Steam era. HMS Majestic for example, or one of the Admiral Class (HMS Howe etc.). The early protected and armored cruisers were also cool, like HMS Orlando or HMS Powerful (cmon, the name alone...). However, the plastic model makers are so fixed on 1930s and 1940s ships that we rather get yet an other Bismarck or Iowa then something actually original from that time.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

HMS Conqueror from MikroMir in 1/350, pictures from Facebook profile.

Additional note:

Separately, we want to thank Maarten Schönfeld, thanks to whom the HMS Conqueror model became a reality!

277575254_5189943417750019_1132506541226

277567706_5189943587750002_7987654896567

• Like 2

I have not seen this mentioned yet, but Starling Models have produced a 3-D printed set of three coastal Cargo ships in 1/700. Released yesterday, Mike seems to be onto a winner considering how many are still available now compared to when I bought my set!

https://starling-models.co.uk/collections/new/products/coastal-cargo-ship-set

I am looking forward to getting mine shortly.

Ray

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Looks good to me, but I'm not sure how big that largest example is.  A bit small for a collier?

It is the coaster 'Yewdale', 

Cheers, Ray

Edited by Ray S
Tidy the post
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Saw 3D Wild's announcement of IJN Oyodo yesterday: https://3d-wild.com/collections/warship-model-kits/products/1-350-ijn-oyodo-light-cruiser-model-kit

Anyone tried 3D printed kits in 1/350? I expect the fit not to be as good as plastic by far and most details are probably mold-on which won't make cleaning and detailing any easier? Is warping an issue with printing resin?

Edited by armored76

• 5 weeks later...

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere but Scalemates are showing that Trumpeter have announced they'll be releasing a 1/350 USS Missouri - anyone else heard similar? 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/trumpeter-86516-bb-63-missouri--1417568

I did wonder if with Veryfire's future perhaps being uncertain if Trumpy had just bought the moulds off them/acquired them?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very Fire released "American Dido" - Atlanta class 1/350. So beautifull ships and model too, I hope!

file.php?id=144124&mode=view

file.php?id=144123&mode=view

About 90 $ for standard version and 150 for Deluxe on Ebay.

More infos: http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=358419&start=20#p1013844

Best regards,

Michal

I just saw at The Big H that AFV Club have released a PE bridge set for their 491-Class LST. 

I'm still waiting for a 542-Class kit to build a ship my father served on out of Little Creek during the Korean War, LST-938.

LST-938-3.jpg

Here's my father as "LSO" during some helicopter exercises. He wasn't an aviator; IIRC, he was the Gunnery Officer.

LST-938-5.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apologies if this has been shared already but it looks as though hot on the heels of Trumpeters O class battlecruiser what if release, we are also now getting their version of the Kriegsmarines planned super battleships of the H class, 

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=248&l=en

The released artwork doesn't make sense as they appear to have triple turrets not doubles as was actually planned so these might be very what if rather than just a bit what if, if that makes sense

Gidday, after the Scharnhorst class were built I've never heard of any Kriegsmarine heavy units even pipe-dreamed of that would have had three-gun turrets. They had some very heavy ships in the idea stage that I know of, the H-41, H-42, H-43 and H-44 designs, the latter being about 122,000 tons but even these monsters had two-gun turrets that I know of. And I don't think any of them were seriously advanced.

While the O-class model might be plausible if not actually built, this next one .   .   .  ?       Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

Looks to be a match to one of "what-if" World of Warships video game ships.  It would seem that Trumpeter is marketing to the large WoW crowd.  Probably a good business move if not a historically plausible one.

• Like 1