New Ship Related Releases

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 22:03, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I’d say you’ll be safer going for next year.

[Edit: @Chewbacca https://parg.co/jle ]

Thanks Crisp, duly noted and thanks for the link

11 hours ago, MikeR said:

Hannants got it in stock yesterday (LINK) and here's HobbySearch's look inside: LINK. I have the Profile Morskie volume on the Kent and Trumpeter definitely used that as their main reference from what I can see.

Mike.:)

Thanks Mike,, strong hint aimed at SWMBO!  It's interesting looking at the Hobby Search link that they provide some PE but not some of the more obvious parts that would benefit such as the catapult.  Still I guess it won't be long before someone comes along with an upgrade pack.  I did a lot of research about 4/5 years ago into the development of HMS DORSETSHIRE but I haven't yet looked into KENT so I'm unsighted as to how accurate the kit actually is.  I know both Les Brown and David Griffiths have questioned the accuracy of some of the Profile Morskie County Class in their respective books.

• Like 2

Chewy, I can’t speak for or against Morskie on the County Class, but their Ark Royal (3) plans are full of sloppy errors.  The Kagero versions are much, much better (do they cover the Counties?)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Thanks Crisp, duly noted and thanks for the link

Thanks Mike,, strong hint aimed at SWMBO!  It's interesting looking at the Hobby Search link that they provide some PE but not some of the more obvious parts that would benefit such as the catapult.  Still I guess it won't be long before someone comes along with an upgrade pack.  I did a lot of research about 4/5 years ago into the development of HMS DORSETSHIRE but I haven't yet looked into KENT so I'm unsighted as to how accurate the kit actually is.  I know both Les Brown and David Griffiths have questioned the accuracy of some of the Profile Morskie County Class in their respective books.

I believe that Peter Hall of Atlantic Models is developing a upgrade set for the county class he has mentioned this on his Facebook page for the Cornwall not sure if this would fit in with the Kent I am still a novice at this research business 

beefy 

Apart from announced release of Bismarck in 1/350 Scale by Trumpeter - this is the box art for the British Cruisers HMS Naiad and Argonaut ( Dido Class ) in 1/350 scale 

Olei1zK.jpg

qzXKJwf.jpg

always a good sign that a release of these ships can't be too far away in the New Year 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have HMS Kent being delivered tomorrow (Monday) 

From some of the above comments can I assume that she's modelled in her 1942 configuration (as per Profile Morskie book)?

And (for the same reason) the upcoming Argonaught will be 1943 fit?

Argonaught and Colombo are still on my 'to get if I can sneak them past SWMBO' list

Tom 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Modelholic said:

if I can sneak them past SWMBO'

Crikey Mr Modelholic, who "wears the pants", who's head of the house? In my case it's ME! (When SWMBO allows it, of course!) 😁 Regards, Jeff.

Edited by ArnoldAmbrose
  • Haha 4

If we had a dog...or a cat ...or even a budgie they'd all be above me in the 'pants' (locally trousers) table!

Come to think of it, there's a soft toy that's also a little bossy!

Tom

Just had an E:mail.

It's being delivered today!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Got HMS Kent. 

Very nicely packaged, compartmented box and plastic wrap around sprues in bags. 

Gotta be locked away until after Christmas now.😢

Wondering about researching to make her as a 1943 fit.

Tom

• Like 1

I wanted to raise awareness of Conrad Waters' new book, British Town Class Cruisers - Design, Development & Performance, Southampton & Belfast Classes

resized_cc153d8a-1a8e-47d9-96d8-bb52c325

The book is a substantial hardback, and is very thoroughly researched by Conrad with an extensive bibliography containing many primary source references as well as references to other works on the subjects. The book does not deal with a detailed operational history of each ship in class, rather it describes the evolution of the class and covers in depth many features and physical details of the type and differences between ships in class. There are large full-colour pull-out Admiralty builders' plans of the Southampton and Belfast sub-classes, and 16 pages of full-colour illustrations of the camouflage applied to the ships which, by the way, are also not only very well researched but as printed are excellent reproductions of colours themselves.

The book is published by Seaforth Publishing, and the ISBN is 978-1-5267-1885-3

The Recommended Retail Price is £40. Neither I nor Sovereign Hobbies Ltd have any financial interest in this book (although I have had a cup of tea and a scone with Conrad Waters in Portsmouth and find him a thoroughly decent chap), although for full disclosure I did receive mine from Conrad as one of his author's copies in return for providing a little bit of input to the illustrations as they were being developed.

resized_367d6264-77d0-4c55-8962-edf1b1e6

• Like 10

On 12/12/2019 at 8:55 AM, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

I wanted to raise awareness of Conrad Waters' new book, British Town Class Cruisers - Design, Development & Performance, Southampton & Belfast Classes.

Have one on it's way as an early Crimbo present from my dad!B)

Mike.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:33 PM, 73north said:

Apart from announced release of Bismarck in 1/350 Scale by Trumpeter - this is the box art for the British Cruisers HMS Naiad and Argonaut ( Dido Class ) in 1/350 scale 

Olei1zK.jpg

qzXKJwf.jpg

always a good sign that a release of these ships can't be too far away in the New Year 

Oooh, Dido Class cruisers!  They are tempting enough to make me want to build another ship!  If it wasn't for the p/e :fraidnot:

OKB Grigorov have just released a 1/350 scale model of submarine HMS R10.....

http://shop.okbgrigorov.com/product/809/1-350-hms-r10.html

Duly ordered

A word of caution - do not hit the red 'Print Order' button - 'cos it prints the whole black screen and uses all your printer's black ink.....:analintruder:

Merry Christmas to all....

Ken

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flankerman said:

OKB Grigorov have just released a 1/350 scale model of submarine HMS R10.....

Definitely one for the list. OKB lists the price as 18 Euros, must be tiny. Can't wait for Starling Models to stock it. Hopefully another hole filled in British subs.

Stuart

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody have any news from Very Fire Technology?

Some year ago (maybe it was even two years, but surely in January) the have announced the kits of 1/350 HMS Vanguard battleship and the 1/700 CV-41 Midway in her 1946 fit.

Time goes by and what's going on?

Cheers

Michael

25 minutes ago, KRK4m said:

Does anybody have any news from Very Fire Technology?

Some year ago (maybe it was even two years, but surely in January) the have announced the kits of 1/350 HMS Vanguard battleship and the 1/700 CV-41 Midway in her 1946 fit.

Time goes by and what's going on?

Cheers

Michael

They're too busy making American cruisers at the moment (USS Salem specifically). I have a feeling that Very Fire will stick with the US Navy for the foreseeable future.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Aoshima's rendition of the HMS Jervis is now out: LINK. The rear superstructure doesn't look right - not pinched in enough at the back, I think.

They've also announced a kit of the HMS Jupiter which includes an IJN sub: LINK. Not surprised that Aoshima have announced that one as she was sunk during the Java Sea engagements. No sign of provision for the single Dutch(?) 4.7in for "A" position which replaced the twin after it was damaged.

Fujimi have gone for a "What Might Have Been" kit of the Ibuki in her original heavy cruiser form prior to her conversion into a CVL: LINK. There might be a connection with World of Warships as she's one of the ships included in that game.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Blow my socks off, Hobbyboss has finally released their 1/350 PLAN type 031 Golf Class submarine, after several years of waiting from the original announcement, soon to be released on their website.

from evilbay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hobby-Boss-1-350-83514-PLAN-Type-031-Golf-Class-Submarine/184196048836?hash=item2ae2f0a7c4:g:h40AAOSwnIleXliv

Also Mikromir are releasing a 1/35 model of the Welman Midget submarine.

All the best Chris

• Like 2

My apologies if it's been posted earlier.

There's a link posted on Modelwarship.com regarding a new tool Trumpeter 1/350 Bismarck.

(I was going to copy the link here but it automatically embedded the video from youtube. Not knowing if this broke any rules I deleted it)

Tom