New Ship Related Releases

4 hours ago, whitestar12chris said:

As to the kit it comes as the final configuration X tail with a 7 bladed etch prop and a 6 bladed prop (made up of 2 3 bladed etch parts).

Thanks for the info Chris - having already done the X tail, I was hoping it would include the early configuration + tail and bow planes (first image)......

spacer.png

Still, it shou;ldn't be too difficult to scratch....... I might indulge.

Does the MM kit have the dive brakes?? (as depicted in the last image)

Cheers

Ken

• Like 2

On 9/16/2019 at 4:35 PM, Flankerman said:

Thanks for the info Chris - having already done the X tail, I was hoping it would include the early configuration + tail and bow planes (first image)......

spacer.png

Still, it shou;ldn't be too difficult to scratch....... I might indulge.

Does the MM kit have the dive brakes?? (as depicted in the last image)

Cheers

Ken

Hi Ken, the top half of the hull has the dive brakes, but the lower half doesnt.

On a seperate note: Mikromir has just realeased a limited run of 300 kits of a IJN Kaiten II in 1/35

All the best Chris

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, whitestar12chris said:

OKB are busy knocking out new 1/700 subs, a recent release is the RN R class, which comes as 4 kits in one box with 4 different hull versions contained inside.

All the best Chris

We will be getting these in stock soon.

Mike

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On a similar topic, Peter Hall says that the Atlantic Models Batch 1 (Broadsword) and Batch 2 (Boxer) 1/350 Type 22 kits are now close to ready.

Since I served in both ships, that’s another major addition to the stash coming up!

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 2

Wow!!  I'd really like that 1:700 HMS Ark Royal IV, and the 1:700 HMS Andromeda looks interesting too - hopefully they will release other Leanders (or include parts / decals) as I'd want to build Apollo F70 since my late grandfather served on Ark in the early '70s, and later on Apollo. 

• Like 1

On 13/11/2019 at 01:54, Chris Hewitt said:

I was at Telford for the first time with my friend Ray to display our models ships, we have built and picked these leaflets up from Mike from Starling Models 

U1lwisX.jpg

HpCabJI.jpg

hSyU7vh.jpg

Oh goodie, at least 20 ships in 1/700 for me buy, but a back log to build or waiting to  be completed and that Oz DVA  has cut my DVA by 25% because I come under the MRCA 2004act are both show stoppers atm as I will be denied any funding pathways from the Ministry of Finance/ Exchequer or Treasury.  It kinder feels like being back at work with the firm, aka yes you can have but there is no funding in the budget as some one else needs the money and you lot are not a vote winner for punters on civie st.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 9:08 AM, whitestar12chris said:

Zveda has just release a 1/350 Delta IV Dolphin with 1/350

Thanks for the heads-up Chris - another one for the shopping list.

I wish they'd done an earlier Delta II or III though - I've already made the Alanger Delta IV.....

spacer.png

Ho-hum....

Ken

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Flankerman said:

Thanks for the heads-up Chris - another one for the shopping list.

I wish they'd done an earlier Delta II or III though - I've already made the Alanger Delta IV.....

spacer.png

Ho-hum....

Ken

I know what you mean Ken, my Alanger is still in the stash to build.

All the best Chris

I can´t wait a S.M.S. Viribus Unitis - this Austro-Hungarian dreadnought have in Czech Republic a CULT status, thank you of pre-war comedy movie "Heroic Captain Korkorán" with King of Comedy - very famous and still very popular actor Vlasta Burian. (Plot is simple - ex stoker on Viribus Unitis in WW I - Adam Korkorán, now long time captain of Vltava steam ship "Primátor Dittrich" on Prague Steamship Company going to spa Poděbrady (near Prague) - but he make an mistake and instead of healt insurance hotel,  he coming to luxury hotel - and here he met an ex-Austro-Hungarian Highest Commander Admiral Piáczi. (fictious). Director (and all personal) in luxury hotel "promote" paddle ship captain to "Corvette Captain of K.U.K. - and Adam Korkorán say Admiral - he is ex- commander from Viribus Unitis.) It is a Czech crazy comedy - but in real battleship served czech sailors in many post.) Unfortunatelly - Viribus Unitis isn´t still release :(  

• Like 1

A surprise from Aoshima: J class destroyer HMS Jervis in 1/700. LINK.

spacer.png

As to why the Jervis.... I think Aoshima's licencing agreement with Kadokawa to produce merchandise for the browser game Kantai Collection has something to do with it.

Meet KanColle's take on her:

spacer.png

Mike.:hmmm:

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, MikeR said:

A surprise from Aoshima: J class destroyer HMS Jervis in 1/700. LINK.

spacer.png

As to why the Jervis.... I think Aoshima's licencing agreement with Kadokawa to produce merchandise for the browser game Kantai Collection has something to do with it.

Meet KanColle's take on her:

spacer.png

Mike.:hmmm:

The problem it will have it's Flyhawk's HMS Kelly, which is miles better

thanks

Mike

20 hours ago, Mikemx said:

The problem it will have it's Flyhawk's HMS Kelly, which is miles better

thanks

Mike

True where the non-Japanese market is concerned, but within Japan itself the Aoshima kit will be both cheaper and more widely available.

Mike.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 4:18 PM, MikeR said:

Aoshima have released their HMS Cornwall and correct scale HMS Dorsetshire in 1/700: Cornwall, Dorsetshire. Their Kent is also now out.

I have a Cornwall winging it's way to me now so I'll have a nosey when it arrives.

Mike.

Said Cornwall kit is now in my possesion - six days Japan to UK and no ransom note from Royal Mail, so I'm well chuffed! I'll have a proper look at the kit tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's a link to Mitsuaki Kubota's twitter account, if you scroll down to the 23rd of November onwards he has posted several tweets giving his views on both the Cornwall kit and the S Class destroyer.

Mike.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 13:12, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

On a similar topic, Peter Hall says that the Atlantic Models Batch 1 (Broadsword) and Batch 2 (Boxer) 1/350 Type 22 kits are now close to ready.

Since I served in both ships, that’s another major addition to the stash coming up!

Question is, are they close enough to release for me to risk putting BOXER on Santa's list this year or will I have to wait for birthday next year?

Also it's gone very quiet on the Trumpeter 1/350 County Class cruiser HMS KENT.  Has anyone heard anything in the past 3-4 months?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Question is, are they close enough to release for me to risk putting BOXER on Santa's list this year or will I have to wait for birthday next year?

I’d say you’ll be safer going for next year.

[Edit: @Chewbacca https://parg.co/jle ]

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU

On 12/3/2019 at 8:11 PM, Chewbacca said:

Also it's gone very quiet on the Trumpeter 1/350 County Class cruiser HMS KENT.  Has anyone heard anything in the past 3-4 months?

Hannants got it in stock yesterday (LINK) and here's HobbySearch's look inside: LINK. I have the Profile Morskie volume on the Kent and Trumpeter definitely used that as their main reference from what I can see.

Mike.:)