New Ship Related Releases

Indeed they are! They also have a Cornwall in the pipeline as well which will come with a kit of a WW1 vintage Admiralty "S" class destroyer too!

The new Dorsetshire:

spacer.png

The Cornwall:

spacer.png

A close up of the tincan:

spacer.png

I wonder if this is meant to be the HMS Tenedos? She was with Force "Z" and was sunk by the Japanese during the Ceylon Raid.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see a kit of the HMS Thracian in her guise as the Patrol Boat 101:

spacer.png

Mike.

• Like 3

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 21:15, MikeR said:

I've also noticed that they haven't included the Kryten turret as an option, repeating the error in their 1/350 kits.

Mike.

I'm not especially familiar with the 1/350 kit.  Are there any other features that mean the kit - and indeed the 1/700 - cannot be built pre-2005 when the first Kryten turret was fitted?

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

spacer.png

Perhaps it's just me but the Counties look really nice.  This quality of this - from the photo at least - looks really clunky, reminiscent of a 1960's Airfix 1/600 rather than the standards we've come to expect from Japan in recent years

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm not especially familiar with the 1/350 kit.  Are there any other features that mean the kit - and indeed the 1/700 - cannot be built pre-2005 when the first Kryten turret was fitted?

No idea, to be honest - modern ships are a bit of a weakpoint in my knowledge base.

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Perhaps it's just me but the Counties look really nice.  This quality of this - from the photo at least - looks really clunky, reminiscent of a 1960's Airfix 1/600 rather than the standards we've come to expect from Japan in recent years

These are prototypes but Aoshima do seem to produce rather chunky mouldings with their ship kits.

Here's a shot of the Norfolk kit built up OOB:

spacer.png

Here's the bridge from Mr Kubota's in progress model, taken from his Twitter feed:

spacer.png

Mike.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

A new submarine release from Mikromir 1/350 American submarine USS Albacore (AGSS-569), very nice to see the daddy of the tear drop shape.

Just bought mine from evilbay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-350-American-submarine-USS-Albacore-AGSS-569-Mikromir-NEW/392403953393?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

All the best Chris

• Like 1

Bummer.... I wish I had known before I bought the expensive resin kit from Blue Ridge models......

spacer.png

Still - I could get the new MM kit - and build it with the alternative rear dive planes and 7-bladed prop and no speed brakes......

Plesae let us know your experiences with the seller Chris - and if it has the alternative diving planes...

Ta

Ken

• Like 3

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 19:24, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Studded chain anyone?

I've got some in the UK now. It's not cheap, but it is very lovely and now I've had it in my mits, I don't think I can use jewellery chain again.

I've just had a look at it on your website Jamie.  For that quality it doesn't seem too expensive at all.  I'm currently using the Trumpeter Master Tools brass chain that comes without the studs and that was about £10 I seem to recall albeit it does come in 2 sizes and you do get a bit more of each size.  But it doesn't look anywhere near as good as the YX stuff

• 2 weeks later...

new release from Infini of South Korea -

Trumpeter 1/350 Scale HMS EXETER 1939

infini model September 2019 New Product HMS EXETER 1939
1. IM-535017R1 1/350 HMS EXETER 1939 Detail up Set
2. IMW-35012R1 1/350 HMS EXETER 1939 WOODEN DECK SET
3.IMS-35004 1/350 HMS EXETER 1939 Brass Mast Set
4. IMP-35048R1 1/350 Royal Navy Vickers .50 Cal Quad Mount Set...
5. IMP-35049R1 1/350 HMS York Class HMS EXETER 8inch Main Barrels set.

Link to the full photos incl instruction sheet -

#

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004972356027&sk=media_set&set=a.1308170879358645&type=3

looks to a superb upgrade set , which also get the Wood Deck on B Turret right ( they supply a wood deck )

qQmmo8Q.jpg

Edited by 73north
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 7:24 PM, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Studded chain anyone?

YXN350-001-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1565336514

LPI350chain_large.jpg?v=1567016238

I've got some in the UK now. It's not cheap, but it is very lovely and now I've had it in my mits, I don't think I can use jewellery chain again.

I ordered some straight away and it has just arrived.  I have no idea how they achieve this technically, but it’s amazing (if a somewhat lurid colour!); way more convincing than a sennit (my usual approach until now) or chain.

Not said that, I might not use it on my Ark build, since her cable deck is pretty much invisible once everything is buttoned up,  But any future build with an open cable deck will definitely use it.  Brilliant stuff.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:05 PM, Chris Hewitt said:

Don't like putting a spanner in the works,Very fire have one out also for HMS Exeter. 

a2wQa4f.jpg

Link on ModelWarships for more photo's   http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=200875

for my money , Infini are a really good photo-etch company ( like Flyhawk ) and have the advantage their instructions sheets are very detailed and easy to follow

the VeryFire etch set looks really nice , however . I note that the Very Fire have a different approach for detailing the Exeter Forward Funnel ( the provide bands around it which a fellow modeller has shown to be incorrect from Trumpeter )

whereas Infini seem to have got this dead right - another HUGE advantage for Infini is their 8 inch Brass Gun barrels have an easy-fit connection inside the Turret which allows the guns to elevate ( and above all its all brass )

seems to be more reliable and ready to use , whereas the Very Fire Barrels need to be fitted to the Plastic Gun Stalks -

• Like 2

Just to add to the discussion of Very Fire, I have seen (but don’t own; I went with Tetra) their detail-up set for the Merit 1/350 Ark Royal.  The brass looks nice enough, but to say that the instructions appear somewhat vague would be an understatement 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Just to add to the discussion of Very Fire, I have seen (but don’t own; I went with Tetra) their detail-up set for the Merit 1/350 Ark Royal.  The brass looks nice enough, but to say that the instructions appear somewhat vague would be an understatement 

my apologies I should have been more clear , I was referring to Flyhawk instructions sheets ,being not that detailed or clear compared to Infini 

I have seen Very Fire instructions - and they are great .

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 2:11 PM, Flankerman said:

Bummer.... I wish I had known before I bought the expensive resin kit from Blue Ridge models......

spacer.png

Still - I could get the new MM kit - and build it with the alternative rear dive planes and 7-bladed prop and no speed brakes......

Plesae let us know your experiences with the seller Chris - and if it has the alternative diving planes...

Ta

Ken

Update, Ken received kit quickly. came flat packed in padded envelope with flattened box ready to be built.

The seller is my main source for Mikromir and ive never had any trouble with them.

As to the kit it comes as the final configuration X tail with a 7 bladed etch prop and a 6 bladed prop (made up of 2 3 bladed etch parts).

The moulding is nice with crisp panel lines, another pioneer from Mikromir, keep em coming.

With the two versions of the Parche on the way and a 3rd undisclosed US Nuclear boat in the offing (praying for an NR-1 or Ethan Allen)

All the best Chris

• Like 1