New Ship Related Releases

L'Arsenal just announced a 1/350 Hunt III destroyer:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2267224329955066&id=974880729189439

Their own website link provided in their Facebook post doesn't seem to work, but the photos look good and Bruno has make a pretty good effort (I could make a couple of nitpicks) at painting guides for every ship in the batch.

We have been stocking Very Fire, but haven't ordered for a while. Their kits are quite nice but the subjects so far have extremely limited market appeal in the UK so I don't plan on sinking money into 1/350 Montanas myself. The 1/700 kits are hard enough to get rid of here.

I'd never heard of Very Fire until I started researching 1/350 Ark Royal (my only major purchase at Telford on Saturday - the Merit job from a year or two back).  Apparently they did a detail up set for it, but I have never seen it.  

Nice to meet you, @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies!

[P.S. Do you stock the Tetra detail up set for the Ark air group?  NOT the ship one - I've already found one of those on a certain well-known auction site].]  I am thinking along the lines of turning in to wind to launch the fatal torpedo strike vs Bismarck, which would mean c.15 Stringbags, and I'd want to get them reasonably detailed.  Not exactly urgent, though; unlikely to be started for many months]

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU

2 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I'd never heard of Very Fire until I started researching 1/350 Ark Royal (my only major purchase at Telford on Saturday - the Merit job from a year or two back).  Apparently they did a detail up set for it, but I have never seen it.  

Nice to meet you, @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies!

[P.S. Do you stock the Tetra detail up set for the Ark air group?  NOT the ship one - I've already found one of those on a certain well-known auction site].]  I am thinking along the lines of turning in to wind to launch the fatal torpedo strike vs Bismarck, which would mean c.15 Stringbags, and I'd want to get them reasonably detailed.  Not exactly urgent, though; unlikely to be started for many months]

Yep, usually do. I think I'm out of them right now (I'm out of many things now) but they're easy to get. Just let me know when you're ready...

4 hours ago, whitestar12chris said:

Picked up Starling Models, newly released superb 1/350 T class Submarine (full hull) kit HMS Tabard at Telford

SNAP!

Question is, can this Group III T Class be used to get earlier groups? :hmmm:

Stuart

Edited by Courageous

18 hours ago, whitestar12chris said:

Picked up Starling Models, newly released superb 1/350 T class Submarine (full hull) kit HMS Tabard at Telford, will post pics shortly, 1/700 full hull and waterline to follow.

Happy Days

All the best Chris

I was very tempted by that T class but in the end picked up the 1/350 River Class Frigate. It's a real beauty!

Terry

• Like 1

Thanks to Chris for pointing it out - I too purchased the Starling Models T-Class sub at Telford - and what a nice kit it appears to be.

The painting instructions have two colour schemes - 'MS4a Grey and Black' and 'PB10 Dark Blue'.

Anyone know of a good match for the Dark Blue scheme ??

Thanks in anticipation.

Ken

• Like 1

Hias promised some pics of Starling Models gorgeous T class

DK22975.jpg

Pictures dont do the resin hull justice, lovely defined flood holes and surface detail.

6kVKPEk.jpg

A lovely photo etch fret

qD1UOHn.jpg

Cast resin details

7z5Q5vH.jpg

And metal gun barrels

F0tyB9G.jpg

The kit has a very nice colour instruction booklet, with a little time and effort you can have a T class group III proudly sitting on your shelf.

Hats off to Mike at Starling Models another Royal Navy Submarine to bolster the lacking subjects in the RN Submarine fleet.

Starling are also releasing a 1/700 version with both full hull and waterline included in the same kit, looking forward to this as well to go with my 1/700 RN subs from Astute down to Oberon in full hull.

All the best Chris

• Like 5

Well more surprises in submarine releases, OKB has just released two new full hull submarines in 1/700,

1) RN M1 http://shop.okbgrigorov.com/product/707/1-700-hms-m1.html

2) Enrico Toli class http://shop.okbgrigorov.com/product/706/1-700-enrico-toti-class-submarine.html

keep em coming

All the best Chris

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Mike McCabe said:

Pretty similar to the 2017 update!

I would agree Mike. In 1/700, I'm only interested in British destroyers so their isn't much to interest me.

On another note Mike, can I make a Group II T Class Sub from you Group III with a little modification?

Stuart

21 hours ago, Mike McCabe said:

Pretty similar to the 2017 update!

Are there a lot of previously announced subjects in there, or is it more of a case of variations on a theme? 

Ross.

10 hours ago, Ravens said:

Are there a lot of previously announced subjects in there, or is it more of a case of variations on a theme? 

I think Mike told me that the 2019 list all but the same as that of 2017. I shall not be holding my breath for anything new.

Stuart