New Ship Related Releases

• 4 weeks later...

Very Fire's all-new tool 1/350 injection moulded USS Missouri BB-63 is to be released within the next few weeks. This is quite a step forward from the venerable 1980s vintage Tamiya kit that has been out of production for some time now.

Box-art_1024x1024.jpg?v=1509198625

Overall_1024x1024.jpg?v=1509198834

Overall2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1509198835

Stern_1024x1024.jpg?v=1509198835

Turret_1024x1024.jpg?v=1509198836

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been watching this one for a while, 

Looks like Trumpeter will release their 1/144 Astute SSN this month. 

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=3114&l=en

This will be followed sometime by XIA class chinese (another nuke) and Soryu Japanese submarine (diesel/AIP) in the same 1/144 line up from Trumpeter.

The range of 1/144 nuclear subs is slowly growing...

With Sea Wolf and Thresher/Permit kits already available 

Edited by SUB-SAM
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Flyhawk are making their 1/350 plastic debut with HMS Prince of Wales. If it's anything like their 1/700 offering then it should be special. 

PFCyHjNTHps.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ravens said:

Looks like Flyhawk are making their 1/350 plastic debut with HMS Prince of Wales. If it's anything like their 1/700 offering then it should be special. 

Hide contents

PFCyHjNTHps.jpg

I'll definitely be having that then.

I wouldn't be upset if they made their 1/200 debut with it either.

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:53 AM, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Very Fire's all-new tool 1/350 injection moulded USS Missouri BB-63 is to be released within the next few weeks. This is quite a step forward from the venerable 1980s vintage Tamiya kit that has been out of production for some time now.

Box-art_1024x1024.jpg?v=1509198625

Now released :D Sprue shots and photos of demo model within and within product listing (linked within blog post) for anyone interested...

https://www.sovereignhobbies.co.uk/blogs/news/very-fire-technology-1-350-uss-missouri-is-released

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2030811740576804&set=a.1393394670985184.1073741826.100009439932492&type=3&theater

Flyhawk's 2018 plans in 1/700

A Victorious to go with Illustrious (I wish they would remember that Formidable was the other Illustrious, but Victorious also took part in the sinking of the Bismark!)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Geoff_B said:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2030811740576804&set=a.1393394670985184.1073741826.100009439932492&type=3&theater

Flyhawk's 2018 plans in 1/700

A Victorious to go with Illustrious (I wish they would remember that Formidable was the other Illustrious, but Victorious also took part in the sinking of the Bismark!)

Finally a new Scharnhorst and Gniesenau and I can't believe they're doing HMS London! HMS Dorsetshire and HMAS Sydney are welcome surprises too. I think I'd already seen the others but nonetheless I'm excited to see new Royal Navy and Kriegsmarine subjects, makes a change from IJN and USN stuff (even though I like them too). All on top of Trumpeter's HMS Nelson + Rodney and IBG's 6 new RN Destroyers, I've no idea where I can get the money to buy them all!

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Flyhawk will be getting a chunk of my money then!

As for the Aoshima HMS Exeter, the boxart appeared a little while ago over on HobbySearch: LINK. The first boxing will bundle in a Yamashita Hobby Inuzama (Batch III Special Type/Fubuki) as that ship rescued survivors from Exeter. The kit image shows that more detail has been added compared with the first shots: LINK.

I might actually get this when it comes out as I've wanting to get the Yamashita Hobby Special Type Batch III's. There will be those who won't like the boxart, but it's in the same vein as the first releases of the Aoshima's Ark Royal, Hermes and Wasp kits.

Mike.

Edited by MikeR

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

Looks like Flyhawk will be getting a chunk of my money then!

As for the Aoshima HMS Exeter, the boxart appeared a little while ago over on HobbySearch: LINK. The first boxing will bundle in a Yamashita Hobby Inuzama (Batch III Special Type/Fubuki) as that ship rescued survivors from Exeter. The kit image shows that more detail has been added compared with the first shots: LINK.

I might actually get this when it comes out as I've wanting to get the Yamashita Hobby Special Type Batch III's. There will be those who won't like the boxart, but it's in the same vein as the first releases of the Aoshima's Ark Royal, Hermes and Wasp kits.

Mike.

The Yamashita Fubuki's are well regarded by Model Warship's resident 1/700 IJN modelling expert, so it's a nice bonus to have!

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Francis Macnaughton said:

Trumpeter is now showing the make up of the 1/144th HMS Astute kit although I haven't seen anything yet on actual availability in UK or price:

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=3114&l=en

There appear to be more individual decals than there are plastic parts!

Been looking forward to this. From a back window of my house, I see the sub's fin whenever they leave the Devonshire Dock Hall for launching.

Advertised at Wonderland Models.

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/search/?q=1%2F144+HMS+Astute+Model+Kit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some more 1/700 announcements from Aoshima and Hasegawa:

Aoshima: HMS Dorsetshire "Indian Ocean Raid". After this and the Exeter I'd say chances are good that Aoshima will do the HMS Cornwall. With some additions or alterations to the tooling they could also potentially box the Dorsetshire kit as the Norfolk.

Two "Operation Ten-Go" kits from Hasegawa, Asashio class Kasumi and Yugumo class Asashimo. Since the latter has boxart I'd say that will appear first.

Mike.

Edited by MikeR
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Images of the Aoshima HMS Dorsetshire are now up on HobbySearch: LINK. There's also going to be another special edition of the Exeter kit, this time bundling in a pair of Flower class corvettes: LINK.

Mike.:)

Edited by MikeR

The Flyhawk Dorsetshire will beat the Aoshima kit hands down, I'll be interested in the Exeter, seeing as the Special Edition set disappeared before I even saw it for sale. The Flower class corvettes are welcome. Trumpeter's 1/700 USS Enterprise is also out now.

thanks

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, MikeR said:

Images of the Aoshima HMS Dorsetshire are now up on HobbySearch: LINK. There's also going to be another special edition of the Exeter kit, this time bundling in a pair of Flower class corvettes: LINK.

Mike.:)

Looking at those pictures of Dorsetshire on the HobbySearch site, either it wasn't photographed on a flat surface or it has a banana shaped hull!

13 hours ago, 593jones said:

Looking at those pictures of Dorsetshire on the HobbySearch site, either it wasn't photographed on a flat surface or it has a banana shaped hull!

It doesn't look that great a model for something that's brand new. If it was 20 years ago I'd buy it but not now knowing it's on Flyhawk's projected kit list.

thanks

Mike