New Ship Related Releases

Thank you John...I already know!!! :thumbsup: ...and thank you.

Graham

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Orange Hobby HMS Victorious in my hands, Will give impressions later

Happy Modeling

John

• Like 2

I have the Orange Hobby HMS Victorious in my hands, Will give impressions later

Happy Modeling

John

Just impressions please as we may be getting one to review. Ta.

Latest from MT Miniatures - 1/700th HMS Blake.

I am pleased to announce the release of our latest model in 1/700th scale,

the Royal Navy's Helicopter Command Cruiser, HMS Blake, c.1969. The model

depicts her with the flight deck conversion. The kits contain resin and

white metal parts, with photo etched and decal details. The kits reference

number is MTM033 and is priced at £36.95 plus shipping. The kits will be ready for

shipping by 5th May.

Blake%208.jpg

More details: http://www.mtminiatures.com/shop/article_MTM033/HMS-Blake.html?sessid=RQlXigmmRZDyhb8QRo5wKq4tVSVu0JBqLu68v387fJqVHZ2PZpJjK9XmXX36xWgu&shop_param=cid%3D7%26aid%3DMTM033%26

• Like 1

John...will place my order this week, before I speak to the bank about the boiler and now the damned car. Should be tomorrow!

I'm not going to suggest a 'build off' with the other John either...this kit is to savour, if the Hermes is anything to go by.

Cheers,

Graham

It is definitely one to savour Graham, Very nice, a couple of minor niggles, but that is just me and easily fixed, Worth every Penny/Cent.

Happy Modeling

John

TETRA MODEL WORKS

There will come a brand new 2nd set for the USS Hornet 1/200 by Merit International. Additionally to the standart set there will come one set including only several parts for the flight deck and for the complete airplanes..... !!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/tetramodel :)

Edited by elmarriachi

Mad Pete at Atlantic Models has announced that he is having some more of the HMS Leopard & Puma kits cast and they will be available later in the Summer.

I missed them first time round, so sincerely hope to pick one up this time.

A Trumpeter 1/700 HMS Dreadnought (1907) appears to have been announced (source: Cybermodeller).

Interesting. :hmmm:

If it's true, I think a conversion to one of the Bellerophon class would be very tempting. :wicked:

Mike. :)

1:350 HMS Ark Royal (1939). I've only just seen THIS but it looks interesting.

It says you can only pre-order, if you have bought from them before.

Mike

• Like 2

Interesting. :hmmm:

If it's true, I think a conversion to one of the Bellerophon class would be very tempting. :wicked:

Sounds good - was there any serious changes other than the mast arrangements? If I recall correctly they changed it so that the guys on the platform wouldn't get smoked by the funnel!

Ross.

Not sure were to put this. The new release from Orange hobby "HMS Victorious 1/700",Package great, plans great,first look at kit,same high standard model,plus the photo etch looks great, again same high standard,here comes the hip-up,the ship is a 1958 finish not 1966, there are difference and the Air Wing is 1966

Read this quick review on Steel Navy http://members.boardhost.com/Warship/msg/1399935737.html

• Like 1

Sounds good - was there any serious changes other than the mast arrangements? If I recall correctly they changed it so that the guys on the platform wouldn't get smoked by the funnel!

Ross.

Ooops! Missed this, sorry! :blush:

As far as I can tell, it's mainly alterations to the superstructure. They were near enough the same length as Dreadnought so there aren't any alterations to make to the hull. It might be possible to make a St. Vincent but the hull would have to lengthened by a scale 10 feet. Wikipedia says the plug was between the rear turrets, but that would have to be checked. :hmmm: