Scale Board SS-12 and T.E.L. by arll in 1/48. no 4 of 4

hI,finally got the last one of these done,a simple kit of a very nice subject,not covered much,this missile is transported inside the metal casing,which splits apart prior to launch

There are four t.e.ls in the set,the scale board ss-12,the scud-b r-17, the al-abbas ss-1c,and the al-hussien ss-1c,the other 4xkits in the arll gulf war issue set,are the patriot missile launcher,the control centre,the radar unit,and the radar mast on transporter.The exact same patriot launcher kit is also sold under the heller name,same kit,only a few more decals with the heller issue,,also i believe the arll and heller transporters are based on a standard issue image and not a real vehicle,though it does look a bit like a hemtt truck?,but still the cargos on the trailer are pretty accurate,and good enough for me.These kits are still readily available at about a tenner each,last time i bought one,though the heller kit was dearer for some reason,possibly just the more well known name,because the kit is identical ..Anyway have a look,i enjoyed making them,as the subject is not covered enough,for my taste,why is this in the real space section and not in cold war or armour,i could be wrong and no doubt it will be moved,if im wrong,but all space missiles are basically military ones just altered,so i build these as well as civilian ones,and a last excuse is they are mentioned in mat irvine's creating space book,so that will do for me.cheers Don

002-56.jpg

006-52.jpg

005-51.jpg

007-49.jpg

008-51.jpg

009-51.jpg

010-53.jpg

011-50.jpg

012-54.jpg

013-55.jpg

015-55.jpg

cheers Don

• 1 month later...

HI bunny,yeah thanks for that,i know im crap at painting,iv,e gone for the shiny ,freshly painted just out of the showroom look,sorry im looking into the weathering thing,but as ive just bought a model truck just for its missile,im a bit more intrested in that aspect,but thanks for looking,the trouble with rockets and missiles is we can only model them before use,cos afterwards there aint much left?

Iwont turn down some help or ideas though,for future builds especially with respect to tyre,wheels,as i cant get them looking real no matter what,thanks Don. keep in touch.........ps if you think thats shiny have a look at these cheers Don

027-10.jpg

cheers Don