Italeri Bf109G-6 1/72

Well, since my SAAB Safir never dries (see Swedish group build!) I'll quite likely bite off more than I can chew and try to participate in TWO group builds! I've already mentioned the kit in the GB chat, but here it is again: A Italeri Bf109 G-6 with some Eduard PE. Unsure about markings yet, but my guess is it will involve balkenkreuz and mottle...

8189015140_b243e98864.jpg

As you obviously saw right away, the kit is started - I cut out the wheel well shape from the bottom wings two months ago. I think I'm clear of the 25% rule!

Sprues more in detail:

8187936521_a92a9707b8.jpg8187935529_f5b70ecf03.jpg

Okay, next photo shoot I'll make an effort to remove the discarded tape...

Finally a shot of the PE:

8189082776_5267d62e4e.jpg

As you see from the year stamped, it's quite an early effort from Eduard. Just bare bones PE, not pre-painted or self-adhesive or anything. Will probably not use all of it. Not least because I'm a bit anxious to get to the mottle - I've NEVER mottled anything before. This will quite likely end in a public disaster.

• Like 1

Another 1/72 scale kit, great stuff. This is how I got back into the hobby as an adult (1/72 scale 109's) and it became very addictive. Don't worry too much about the mottling, you can always tone it down again by dusting over with a thin covering of the lighter colour.

Duncan B

Glad to see someone else with tape on their board. I am always suspicious of those guys with clean work areas.

I found this kit, um, very challenging but better modellers than me have made it good.

Edited by Peter Lloyd