1/72 - Fiat G-91R1/3 Gina by Meng Model - released

Homebee

I can't wait!

Wonderful choice of planes to kit F-102 and G.91, let's hope they will continue this way, I would love to see a F-84F/RF-84F as many here suggested.

I think I was very tame suggesting a F-106 in Telford!

Cheers

Paolo

Edited by Paolo6691

• 2 weeks later...

That look good, now i really want them to do an F-84F I would need about 10 of them!

Julien

Belgium x2, France x4, Germany x1, Greece x1, Italy x2, the Netherlands x2, United States x3 and Turkey x1 - that's just the NATO forces, have I forgotten any?

So that's at least 26 they'd sell.

Love that G-91! Hoping for an F-102 for Christmas/Birthday :pray:

Meng are to be congratulated for their interesting subject choices, long may they continue - but with the F-84F next!

Wez

• Like 1

Excellent. I'm going to have to go for the Gina too.

Re F-84/RF-84 there were NATO operators of the RFversion only, in Denmark and Norway. Further afield Nationalst China operated both versions. I know 'cos a long time ago I built models of ALL the operators in both versions using the Airfix and Italeri kits. Only some now remain with me.

Edited by Paul J

Woohoo!

Fantastic! Gotta love the Gina!

BTW, I always thought Frecce Tricolori G-91's had a pointy nose too - you live and learn (actually, if you look at the 5th photo down in Homebee's post you can see a pointy nosed G-91, I wonder if their initial jets had the pointy nose and then were replaced by standard nosed aircraft :hmmm: ).

For your next subject Mr Meng, I'm with the boy Julien, please bring us a Thunderstreak!

Wez

I believe that is correct. The early machines were the G91PANs, which I think were pre-production or trials batch machines reworked. Later on, ex-Recce versions were used as fatigue life on the -PANs was used up, presumably.

France, Greece, Turkey & Italy too.

V.P.

Yes, was editing my post while you posted this!

Just a couple of pics via google

West German AF

EB+344.JPG

Italian AF

RF%2084%20f_02.jpg

French AF (With Suez stripes)

french%20rf-84f.jpg

Greek AF

rf-84f_2.jpg

oh and I found a Turkish one as well!

51-1868.jpg

Sorry but Belgium, Netherlands, Greece, Italy, France & Germany operated the RF-84F.

Julien

Yes, am aware of that but what I meant was that Denmark and Norway only operated the RF-84 and not the straight 'F' fighter variant. Everybody else operated both versions.

Edited by Paul J

Quite disappointed,

I doesn't seem to be at the same level of the F-102. It seems they didn't make the same effort.

I hope it is only due to the pictures and I am ready to have my opinion changed upon inspection of the parts.

I am also quite disappointed by the decals subjects too!

At the moment I don't wish them to tackle the F-84!

Quite disappointed,

I doesn't seem to be at the same level of the F-102. It seems they didn't make the same effort.

I hope it is only due to the pictures and I am ready to have my opinion changed upon inspection of the parts.

You've got the kit already?

• Like 1

Quite disappointed,

I'm not impressed either !

While the shape seems to be better than the revell's kit, a few things seem to show they didn't bother to check details, one for all those kind of reinforcement plates in place of the vortex generators. The kit seems to be already available in Europe for a price I'm not sure I'm happy to pay.

• 1 month later...

US Army maybe?

thats exactly what it is.at 1 piont the us army [air corps] were thinking of buying a number of g-91s to be used in the ground support role untill the us government forced the army to relinquish all  ground support jet aircraft to be a us air force role and the army abandoned the idea

Woohoo!

Fantastic! Gotta love the Gina!

BTW, I always thought Frecce Tricolori G-91's had a pointy nose too - you live and learn (actually, if you look at the 5th photo down in Homebee's post you can see a pointy nosed G-91, I wonder if their initial jets had the pointy nose and then were replaced by standard nosed aircraft :hmmm: ).

For your next subject Mr Meng, I'm with the boy Julien, please bring us a Thunderstreak!

Wez

what happened was as the "pionty nose" variants became old,and due to the fact a number of them were lost in accidents they were replaced by the "snub nose" recce variants so both are correct.the g-91 that comes in the frecce tricolori 50th annaversary set has both types [i know its the revell kit reissued but the instructions do not say the "snub nose" is not to be used]

• 3 years later...