1/72 - Fiat G-91R1/3 Gina by Meng Model - released

Homebee

Next 1/72nd (wrong scale to me...) Meng Model aircraft kit will be a Fiat G-91R1/3 Gina (ref. DS-004)
Source: http://www.meng-model.com/en/contents/74/97.html

DS-004 1/72 G.91R Light Fighter-Bomber to be released soon!

MENGs next new release after IPMS show will be G.91R, the historic aircraft in Italian aviation history. This kit can be assembled in two versions: R/1 and R/3.The landing gears, canopy and brake can be built either open or closed. Three painting options are included. MENG specially provides a classy souvenir, which is Badge of Italian Air Force 'FrecceTricolori'. Surely that you will enjoy the modeling best!

DS-004_packaging(news).jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

:wow:I want one! If they're doing this (unusual subject) they can then do a 1/72 Thunderstreak in Diavolo Rossi markings. Maybe I should start badgering them then!

Martin

Edited by Lightningboy2000

Looks nice, but didn't the Frecce Tricolori use the special pointy nosed G-91 PAN?

Yes they did.

Not sure of the pointy nose will be in the box or not, but the G-91R on the box shot is wrong as its a recce nose.

Suspect Meng looked at one on a pole, there are a couple painted up in Frecce colours.

Even if the pointy nose is not in the box should be an easy fix if you want to do a frecce one.

Julien

Woohoo!

Fantastic! Gotta love the Gina!

BTW, I always thought Frecce Tricolori G-91's had a pointy nose too - you live and learn (actually, if you look at the 5th photo down in Homebee's post you can see a pointy nosed G-91, I wonder if their initial jets had the pointy nose and then were replaced by standard nosed aircraft :hmmm: ).

For your next subject Mr Meng, I'm with the boy Julien, please bring us a Thunderstreak!

Wez

Edited by Wez

Martin, we can but pray we will get a new Tool Thunderstreak!!!!!

Julien

Looking on their site, they say that they had a wish list form for customers to fill in.

I did try e-mailing them with a couple of kit suggestions (one can only try) and wether they would do an online wish list/feedback either on their site or maybe on here. As to if I get a reply, who knows?!!!

If they were doing that at Telford, then why not online. I would have thought that would give them more certainty on what would or wouldn't do well. Not sure of their other products though, maybe middle easterners with toyota pickups in 1/35 are popular!

I couldn't make it to Telford, but was Airfix doing a customer wish list/form filling thing? I understand why manufacturers produce certain kits, but would it be much of a risk for a company like Airfix to do a poll on what Aircraft/Tank/Sports car etc to release or do they already do that?

I personally only keep banging on about 1/72 Thunderstreaks as I'm still doing major surgery to mine at the cost of all other parts of my hobby. I am taking pics of the build, only need to set up a photo album of the build on photobucket.

Martin

Middle Easterners Middle Easterners

The pointy nose was a characteristic of the first G-91s used by the Frecce. These aircrafts were modified preseries aircrafts and the subversion was known as G.91 PAN.

After a few years, the pointy nosed aircrafts were replaced with others of the R1A series with the recce nose. These were again modified for aerobatic use in the same way as the original ones but retained the square nose.

So the box is right and an aerobatic team aircraft can be made even if the pointed nose is not included. I'm sure some aftermarket company will produce the early nose, if not the modification is not too difficult.

I think only Italian schemes.

On the box they have the italian insignia with the " three painting options provided"

The box mentions parts for the R3 variant and this was the variant specific for the Luftwaffe, not used in Italy. I'd expect at least one decal option to be for an R3 and this could only be German or Portuguese

Smashing stuff! A new tool baby "Sabre Dog"! Look forward to this kit. There is a Tauro decal with 50,000 hrs special scheme waiting and regular Italian ones I'd like. Will they do a G-91T two seater one wonders!!!?????

Re the German ones they were licence built I believe and had two cannon armament instead of the 4 x .50s.

And what about the one that was trialled by the US Army wearing US markings? That would be an interesting scheme.

This is one kit that Airfix could have re tooled too. Also, will this re kindle interest in the G-91Y twin jet version that Matchbox did some years ago?

Edited by Paul J

Also, will this re kindle interest in the G-91Y twin jet version that Matchbox did some years ago?

I have two of those in The Stash. I wonder if I can put the Matchbox fuselage on the Meng wing...