Airfix 1/48th Spitfire PRXIX

Dave Fleming

:doh: .......... I'm sure Airfix want to make me bankcrupt this year !!! :fraidnot:   To the point where their factory shop can be seen from the end of my road :confused:  :blush:  :wacko:

:doh: .......... I'm sure Airfix want to make me bankcrupt this year !!! :fraidnot:   To the point where their factory shop can be seen from the end of my road :confused:  :blush:  :wacko:

You could try sitting outside the gates with a sad expression and a bit of cardboard with 'Modelling hobby to support. Please help' scrawled on it.

I can't do a sprue shot as I'm already building mine, but here are the main airframe bits - I'll get my camera brain engaged later.

_DSC0168_zpsfcc5a74f.jpg

:wub: ...... The kit Jonathan..............not you :bleh:

:wub: ...... The kit Jonathan..............not you :bleh:

They all say that...

OK, some quick pics for tonight including the moulded side wall detail - there's more stuff on the sprues to add.

file_zpsa28f3373.jpg

file_zps55049ce3.jpg

Single piece lower cowl and the carb intake.

file_zps31960bda.jpg

And a shot of the nose showing the panel and faster detail. Now I like this level of detail, it takes primer and allows me to polish it down with Scotchbrite to get a smooth surface for paint, something I do with all my aircraft models.

file_zps70680572.jpg

That's it for now, supper's ready!

Edited by Jonathan Mock