Airfix 1/72 Nimrod MR2P "XV230"

• 1 month later...

Well im done

All the RBF tags have been changed, ive added a scratchbuilt 90Kva and a set of steps.

There are also a couple of blokes on there, each bloke has mutiple personalities as i've swapped arms, legs and heads with different figures. Their yellow vest are made out of green stuff putty, rolled thin then scultped.

The base is a piece of plywood with individual squares of wet and dry, painted and wearthered, finished off with a bit of decorative beading.

The badges are just copies until I pick them up from Lincoln in a few weeks time, ive used 120 Sqn crest and a Crew 3 badge.

Overall i'm very pleased with the results and need to think of something else to start now.

Anyway heres some photos

img1393l.jpg

img1420gj.jpg

img1421tj.jpg

img1416gi.jpg

img1407q.jpg

img1426xt.jpg

img1428m.jpg

img1418h.jpg

img1430pp.jpg

img1411to.jpg

img1408i.jpg

Thanks for looking

Al

Edited by Warris
  • Like 1

That's a stunning model and great diorama Al, it brings back a lot of memories for me. I did some of the Production Planning for the Mk.2's and Nimrod AEW's Rear Fuselage along with some minor Sub Assemblies while working in the Programme Planning Dept at Chadderton.

• Like 1

Having made one of these I appreciate the work you have put in to getting '230 to look that good. Well done.

Thanks very much Natter, I was going to open the back door too but lost all my photos of that area

Lovely model mate.

Don't know if intentional, but the Groundcrew Coveralls are very appropriate allowing for where it was flying from at the end. Nice touch.

Thanks for the comments, I've tried to depict it on its last tour at Seeb

Al

• 2 weeks later...