Miniart 1:16 Samurai

Epeeman

All,

Finally decided to give this Miniart kit a go after a fair bit of dithering - glad I did because, despite some accuracy issues, this is actually a nice kit to put together.

Made a few minor changes - trimmed back the moustache (looked like a Mexican bandit!), added slight curve to both swords and scabbard and hung katana scabbard separate from the waist sash as opposed to tucked into it. Also slightly shortened this scabbard as it was too long when measured with the blade length.

Fit was actually pretty good overall and is better than some of the other 1:16 scale figures from Miniart. My main gripe is lack of display stand - I had to make up one and I am not very good at doing a diorama!

My first figure kit built in nearly three years, so I am a bit embarrassed posting this - especially comparing to the sheer works of art on display here.

Regards

Dave

009-11.jpg

008-11.jpg

007-12.jpg

005-16.jpg

004-24.jpg

003-32.jpg

002-37.jpg

• Like 1

That looks really great -- lovely detail painting, especially on the woven armour and his flowery pantaloons! My only suggestion would be to try a darker Citadel wash on that rope/knotwork on his back and helmet to bring out the relief a little bit more.

I think I'll look out for one of these at SMW!

bestest,

M.

M,

Thank you - your right! - I've now added a darker wash to the rope and knots as suggested as this does look better.

Cheers

Dave