1/72 - Gloster Meteor F.Mk.8 by Special Hobby - released - new F.8/.9 released

Homebee

Well that's typical, just when I've assembled all the parts necessary to scratch build one :banghead: . Should save me a bit of bother though. I'm surprised this variant has been announced before the NF ones, I would have thought they would have more mileage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Gloster Meteor F.Mk.8 "prone" by Special Hobby - released - re-edition in 2020
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Gloster Meteor F.Mk.8 "prone" by Special Hobby - re-released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Gloster Meteor F.Mk.8 by Special Hobby - released - new F.8/.9 boxing in April 2022
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Dennis @Corsairfoxfouruncle, I am waiting to see how the Airfix and SH compare. :)

Id like to do a number of meteors, RAF of course. However Israeli would be needed for my Israeli A.F. collection. I need an F.3, F.4, T.7, F.8/9, NF.11, NF.13, NF.14, and a few of the recon variants. I think the F.8/9, T.7, and NF.13 will be in Israeli markings. I will split the rest between other users. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Of course, but don’t hold your breath because I think this is the old MPM mould. :( 

Thank you! Agree it would be the same MPM kit that has been around the block a few times (boxed by Xtrakit and even Airfix at a time, not sure Revell, or it was just the Mk.IV?), but I still like it and this time it comes with all the right decals for me.

As an aside, I'd like the Mk.IV reissued with earlier Egyptian decals, though those markings are available in the aftermarket, so not a big issue... just the kit availability.

Edited by Fukuryu