Welcome to my entry for the GB, my first on Britmodeller,(actually my first any where), I'll be building an ICM kit. First one of their kits I've built, and on first inspection , looks pretty good.

PA240091_zps34472260.jpg

The kit can be assembled without the tropical air filter, so I can build it to show a plane in the service of the Slovakian Airforce, 12th Fighter Squadron circa 1943

PB060332.jpg

I will be using Blue Rider decal set no 220a

A shot of the sprue pre-paint

PB060292.jpg

and after starting on the cockpit and wheel wells

PB060293.jpg

Will most likely do most of the construction tomorrow,

Sean

Edited by sean
  • Like 1

Well so much for getting stuff done, ended a decorating my son's bedroom and now hanging doors. Finally got some modelling done today, really just glued the fuselage together with cockpit and joining the wings.

PB120480.jpg?t=1352739725

First time building an ICM kit, theres no pins and holes on the fuselage so it pays to be careful when joining them together. There is a slight bit of filling to do along the spine and the cowling but nothing major. Should be all put together next post,

Sean

Started another bit last night, fuselage and wings put together, as well as the bottom of the nose. Bit of a tight fit between the wings and bottom of the nose, nothing a bit of sanding couldn't sort. Bracing for the tailplanes were a bit fiddly, but a steady hand, a squint of the eye, sorted. Painted the underside pale blue,(Humbrol 65,first coat) today.

PB130485.jpg?t=1352830239

PB130489.jpg?t=1352830406

Shall keep all the small pieces off until main body painted, I'd only knock everything off it and under the table,

Sean

Bit of a problem with photos at the minute, the fitting for the lead to connect the camera to the computer has broken. I'm having to use an older camera, which takes forever to load photos to the computer, but nevermind I'll preserver.

First coat of paint is on, and is now ready for masking and applying camoflauge markings, will be doing that today.

Duncan, the ICM kit is a nice little gem, is well engineered,and mine doesn't have much flash,and fits pretty good all round,

Sean

• Like 1

Got around to taking a couple of photos, not great as they taken with an older camera, but they'll have to do. Masking and paint on topside of the aircraft done, just another coat of yellow for the theatre markings.

101_3011.jpg?t=1354121329

101_3012.jpg?t=1354121280

Once the yellow is finshed a final swipe of H65 on the underside to be done. Once that is completed, will be ready for decals,

Sean

(As you can see, camera last used 7 years ago!)

Edited by sean

• 2 weeks later...

After these photos were taken, went back and realised I had thick lines between the two greens, no problem, just a quick wet sanding. That's when it went :bouncy: up, ended up scratching the paint and too badly to be touched up. So, Mr Muscle was called upon, and model stripped back to bare plastic. Oh well, live and learn and all that,

Sean

Paint scheme take 2. After a dose of Mr Muscle and a wash with soapy water, I got the camoflauge sorted.

I think the fact I was using pre-used tape for masking might have contributed to the heavy lines previously. Much better outcome this time

PC170195.jpg?t=1355763686

The cockpit area needs repainting and the yellow theatre bands a bit of retouching, otherwise,

the plane is ready for decals

PC170198.jpg?t=1355763749

PC170197.jpg?t=1355763761

Much more satisfied with the progress of the build now.

Sean

• 2 weeks later...