Revell's (not so) new 1:32 He 219 "UHU"

I admire anyone who can do all that without taking the canopy masks off, I'd of given in long ago!!!!!

Gorgeous :)

As soon as I have finished airbrushing the masking comes off !

• Like 2

Yebbut - masks have to stay on 'cos she hasn't had her final varnish coat yet - still very shiny!

I have to do a little more detail painting - then gloss those bits - then finish weathering - before I can matt down...

And then there'll be pigments to add. :banghead:

Iain

Looking superb Iain - spot on. How you find the time and patience to do the donkey work on projects like this so other might follow, I have no idea. Hats off to you Sir :worthy:

Right - all-nighter tonight - this is going to be finished!!!! :deadhorse::tease:

Opening canopy in the paint shop with the seats - but in breaking news she's matted up and masks removed - a bit of colour correction going on due to poor lighting in kitchen - prop blades and exhaust collectors darker in 'real' life:

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

Iain <off to get a strong coffee...>

• Like 6

Well - I worked through to 6am - and the verdict is I need to do some more subtle weathering (and add aerial lines) before she's Ready For Inspection - but with good daylight I though I'd take some photos...

Woody - coffee was to keep me awake! :)

So - this is where we're at - I desperately need to crack on with a Spitfire I have to have finished in two weeks - so this one may be delayed for final bits and bobs.

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

Have fun!

Iain

• Like 5

Excellent!

The corrections you made are skillfully meshed with the original kit!

You Da Man!

Can I imitate your finish, since I'm doing the same aircraft in British markings???

Please please please!

Anyways very nice work!

I applaud you sir!

Here is mine at the moment:

Painted-on roundels

he219-20.jpg

he219-21.jpg

I have added the yellow surround on the bottom ones and fuselage ones but I really don't know if the top ones had them...

Maybe some of you knows the answer?

Again Bravo on your nice work!

Edited by Adats-Coyote
  • Like 1

Thanks for the kind words everyone - really appreciated!

Adats-Coyote - that'll be a bit different! Can't comment on the roundels because I don't know - but the surface effects look great!

Iain

Ian,

I have a feeling that I saw somewhere recently that the red bands on the radar aerials are only applied to the lower ones. I could be wrong but it might be worth checking out?

Rather sexy though!!

Cheers

Simon

(PS - Lightning ??? :huh: )

Cheers Simon - I'll go do some more research - not too late to change colours!

Lightnings - will be back on them shortly - have a couple of fairly quick projects I *have* to get off the decks first.

Iain

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys - comments *really* appreciated!

I'm putting together an abridged build article for publication over on Large Scale Planes - will let you know when done (hopefully Mike and the team will be OK with my posting a link?).

It's been a fun ride - with a huge amount of support from my peers - and it's given me some more confidence on a number of techniques.

Also - hopefully shows that the Revell kit is eminently buildable!

Have fun!

Iain

• Like 1