Well, after a long weekend filled with activities I start with my 109.

The plan is to do a simple work, no aftermarket and little scratch work, I just whant to use my K4 acrillic paints, they have had waiting the chance to do a complete model for to long. And this will be only the first work for this GB, as a Tamiya 1/48 E-3 is the main goal to finish.

So I got this nice airfix kit, paid a little less then 5 US dolars in the local hobbyshop, and got to work:

IMG_5111.jpg

IMG_5112.jpg

IMG_5114.jpg

IMG_5113.jpg

All interior painting job done, cockpit at a 75% work, tonight I want to finish the cockpit and close the fuselage!!

ehhhhh... you guys know that advice that tells you to keep in a safe place the transparent parts?

well I followed it!!! AND IN THE PROCES FORGOT WHERE I LEFT THE PARTS!!! :badmood:

Luckly I found them after 2 SAR missions, the last one ended at 2:16 AM local time... so new updates tonight!! (at a decent hour that is).

• 2 weeks later...

K4 is a weathering and paint supplier that started providing paints this year, like in May, and had been underground for some time. He is a chilean fellow modeller that had enough of the difficulties for getting a decent weathering product at a decent price in Chile, so the started his own line of products. I personally use his acrilic paints, this is my firts work with them, but for some time have been using his pigments, decal fixer, and clear-paints. As a matter of fact, I bought ALL the RLM paints he has, so I can build any Luftwaffe plane from any theather of operations. I'm very found off his products, i get them at prices that kill any competition from tamiya, mr gunze and vallejo. Vallejo is easy to find in Chile but K4 are far better as they don't chip as easy as Vallejo (I painted 4 times a Luftwaffe pilot when I travelled to Viña del Mar, just because the paint didn't survive the trip!!).

Some refference here:

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php?topic=4833.0

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=11674&mode=thread&order=0

http://modelerssocialclub.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=reviews&action=display&thread=889

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=4494&page=1

Sadly as a new company they only have a email and a facebook page to see that they have and for contact:

http://www.facebook.com/K4weathering

As for the 109... I very recenttly finish an ugly chapter of my life, an a**hole (I don't know who he or she is) started sending emails and text messeges saying that my daugther is beenig sexually abussed by her's mothers current husband. I know this accusations to be false, and legal actions where taken. On the 15 a psiquiatric and medical (hope I wrote that right) evaluation put the final word in the matter when the doctors concluded that she hasn't been abussed in any way. So hope you guys can imagine that i have not been in a modelling mood for the past week. I hope to ressume updates this week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow! thanks stoohoo and Andy, in fact this little Airfix kit is really nice, just had a some trouble fitting the engine cover, but it could be just bad luck on my part as some other members have had no such trouble with it, also some putting will have to be used in the belly where the wing meet the fuselage, no real trouble. I paid like 5 US dolars for it, and is really a GREAT inversion, an excelent kit for a very low price.

Now, the progress have be....... WOUNDERFULL!!! This acrilic paint rock!!!! I haven't have so much fun painting since I got my first airbrush!!! Enammels are great but they sink, at least the thinner does, this ones use isopropyl alcohol as thinners and the smell is greatlly reduced! I haven't updated because i've benn busy with work and painting!!!

2012-12-11080414.jpg

2012-12-11080456.jpg

2012-12-110805331.jpg

2012-12-11080506.jpg

Sorry about the pictures, they where taken with my phone this morning before rushing to the ministery!!

Yes, lovely work. Airfix did a good job on those difficult cowl shapes and vents, I think. Might have to get going on one of these....

Wot he said! :ditto:

Sean

Yes, lovely work. Airfix did a good job on those difficult cowl shapes and vents, I think. Might have to get going on one of these....

Especially now that Airfix have done a minor retool so that the wing root riveting is the same on both sides and include a small correction sheet with a correctly-sized instrument panel transfer. The trouble is working out which boxes contain the updated ones and which not.

aaaaaaand it's finished!!! Last night a indecent hours the las coat of varnish was applied and I'm waiting to see if the world ends to upload pictures.

Simply beautiful

Edited by Skybert