Kit - Monogram

Paint - Humbrol & Xtracolour enamels

Decals - Wetworks (WW67) & Powerslide tyre decals

Extras - None

Gant1.jpg

Gant3.jpg

Gant4.jpg

Gant5.jpg

As usual there were some fitt issues, but because I've built a few of these old Monogram stockers, I was ready for them. I was expecting the rear axle & suspension to snap loose when I pushed the rear tyres into place and it did... doesn't bother me any more, it isn't going into a competition, it's going into my display cabinet along with it's brothers.

What was a revelation was the way the decals performed. I reckon I've had them in-stock since the early 1990's and they behaved impeccably. A testament to incredible quality control. Looking forward to the next one now...

96TBref.jpg

...talk about fast food :shutup:. Thanks for taking the time to look, as ever all comments, questions, suggestions and criticism are welcome.

AFN

Ian

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great looking drive Ian, got a few NASCAR kits in the stash now and plan to start one very soon- looking forward to the T-Bird!

One question (out of many) for you, Are there a finite number of Car designs for each season of NASCAR?

i.e.- Say I wanted to set up a Troffa Racing Team, would I have to choose between that years Dodge, or Ford to race or could I build a Audi to enter as long as It was based on the NASCAR chassis and engine specifications and Mr France Jr said it was OK?

The 2013 Ford Fusion looks stunning to me!

One question (out of many) for you, Are there a finite number of Car designs for each season of NASCAR?

i.e.- Say I wanted to set up a Troffa Racing Team, would I have to choose between that years Dodge, or Ford to race or could I build a Audi to enter as long as It was based on the NASCAR chassis and engine specifications and Mr France Jr said it was OK?

Well AFAIK the 'Camry' (the only 'foreign' car since a Jag in the late 1940's), that's been on the circuit since 2009 is simply the CoT bodyshell with new decals etc, just like every other car that's racing today. To be honest, here is so little difference in body designs now that NASCAR has mandated the CoT, I have absolutely no interest in the 'sport' now.

Which brings me to your question. An Audi bodied NASCAR racer.... absolutely brilliant, What If stock-cars could be a whole new way to go. Build it and have fun, although I'm guessing you may have to do a fair amount of cutting and/or sectioning to get an Audi bodyshell to sit over an integrated NASCAR chassis/rollcage.

Good luck.

Ian

Well AFAIK the 'Camry' (the only 'foreign' car since a Jag in the late 1940's), that's been on the circuit since 2009 is simply the CoT bodyshell with new decals etc, just like every other car that's racing today. To be honest, here is so little difference in body designs now that NASCAR has mandated the CoT, I have absolutely no interest in the 'sport' now.

Didn't that all start because of Smokey Yunnick's 7/8th scale car?? (not sure if it was actually 7/8ths, but it was smaller than a 'stock' car!!) This eventually led to the shape templates to ensure all the cars were the same shape & size and ultimately the amorphous c.o.t. blobs of today, IIRC.. Like you, I have little or no interest in current NASCAR, wouldn't have a clue who's still driving or who's the current champion.....

Keef

Great build, love the scheme.

Sparker, try www.mikesdecals.com they have an outstanding selection of decals and "donor vehicle" kits to apply them to. Though hey are in the States the postage isn't that bad.

The donor kits start at about $6 up to $30.